What's new

2.4 mileage per tank?

adam123

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord 2.4 Type s
Morning lads,

I've gone through 2 full tanks on the new accord now and just wondering what sort of mileage you boys are getting from a tank?
1st tank - 282miles
2nd tank - 320miles
I'm hoping it will get better as the novelty of the surprisingly quick car wears off. A lot of the mileage has been in traffic on the m6 and probably a quarter 'tootling' through town.

Hi Adam I normally average 350 miles to a tank on the motorway, around town I can manage about 280. Your tyre pressures and the fuel economy rating of your tyres also play a part.

So I'm not too far away from being about right then? I've come from a diesel that averaged 45mpg so it's still a bit if a shock how much fuel I'm using!!

I can usually do 300 miles on a tank. Sometimes more if doing more motorway miles.

Ashzz said:
Hi Adam I normally average 350 miles to a tank on the motorway, around town I can manage about 280. Your tyre pressures and the fuel economy rating of your tyres also play a part.
I normally get 400+ miles from a tank in my 1.8 and 2.0 Accord and used to get around 320 miles in my old EP3 which only had a 50 litre tank.

I've got a 2.4 accord and if I'm full on boring mode I get 430 but with abit of fun just under 400, although I have noticed a drop since I've gone from 17" to 19" wheels.

Wow that's quite a lot! I can't seem.to get over 350ish. How much fun are you having to get 400 lol

Not sure per tank, as I usually put 10 gals (45.5 litres) in mine each fill-up as a check on real mpg vs that suggested by the OBC. I've done about 12000 miles since I bought the car last July and the dash says 34.4 mpg average. My calculations give me roughly the same result - ie 340-350 miles between 10 gal fill-ups. I'm fairly pleased with this and I don't dawdle around or drive like a granny. Admittedly much of my driving is on fairly clear roads. Fortunately I'm not often sat in heavy traffic and if I am it's not for long.

I've squeezed 450 miles from a tank of mixed motorway/ARoad and a little round town. It was the dullest, most staid tank I've ever had, but it can be done. It was on Super Unleaded I should add, and not long after a thorough service (spark plugs, all fluids, filters, valve clearance... the works).

Generally I get between 350-400 depending on driving style and the type of journeys I take. It's an engine that can easily be a gas guzzler, but if driven sedately it can eek out reasonable mileage.

I get 220-250 in mine, but I have a heavy right foot, and spend most of my time in stop start rush hour traffic.

I can say that my fuel consumption has gone lower after replacing the spark plugs... The old ones were 4y old...i know bad...but now it has iridium...
it's not a 2.4 is a 2.0 but very pleased with the fuel consumption after changing the spark plugs

a few people here with a heavy right foot ;-). Best i ever got was 487 before read light came on, 80 miles in the reserve, so that was 567 on a tank. Granted ot was 95% 6omph mptprway driving. regualr drivin i can easily achieve 440 before red light comes on. If i drive hard about 400 before red light.