What's new

2.4 Type S-Oil

urban boy

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda Civic EK4 B18
Just thought i'd ask what Brand and grade of oil is best for the K24? at the moment my Type S has 5W 30 fully synthetic, but i don't know what manufacture as only owned the car from June, just a plain container in boat with 5 30 fully written on it. Any advise aprreciated. I use Motul 8100 X-cess 5W 40, in my other two honda's, ones a D and the other's a B series though.

Thanks

5w 40 fully synthetic. and just buy the best you can afford. we get good prices from one of our affiliated sellers lubetec.

there is a DIY service guide in the DIY section which covers what oil etc is needed for the petrol and diesel accord.

0w/30 5w/30 or 5w/40 are all fine. It really depends on your driving style, but the consensus is that 5w/40 gives you best overall blend for economy and performance without consuming too much (these engines do like to drink oil when you use a lot of vtec).

Just thought i'd ask what Brand and grade of oil is best for the K24? at the moment my Type S has 5W 30 fully synthetic, but i don't know what manufacture as only owned the car from June, just a plain container in boat with 5 30 fully written on it. Any advise aprreciated. I use Motul 8100 X-cess 5W 40, in my other two honda's, ones a D and the other's a B series though.

Thanks

CASTROL EDGE is the preferred lubricant for my baby :)

i use 10w40 magnatec and have done for over 20k so no problems and its a very good value you for money oil to even though i do mine at every 3k lol