What's new

2.4 type s tourer exhaust

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord type s tourer
Any one recommend some where for replacements. Took my car to the garage on Sunday and confirmed the exhaust is blowing on one side. Was quoted 400 quid just for the one section?

Any one know if there's a better way to get it done? Stainless steel, second hand?

Cars a 53 plate

Hi, the rear v section went on mine. I couldn't get a replacement and was quoted original part only at £971!. I have a 2.4 tourer.

So, I went online for a stainless steel and got a cat to back full system fitted for £400 - a Longlife exhausts. Better fuel economy and lifetime guarantee. Another firm quoted me £395 from Birmingham I think but I went local instead.

^ This! Exactly the same scenario for me. I got a catback custom 2.5" stainless made for £450. It's the dogs mate! Under gentle driving, it's got a subtle deep gurgle, but when you boot it, it sounds amazing! But it's not antisocial for round town driving or motorway cruising.

Cheers guys I think the stainless is the way to go. May as well replace the whole lot for the same price as one section.

Mate, Holdcroft were selling a full cat back both pieces with free delivery for 280. Worth ringing them.

I paid £260 from HH for the complete cat back system on my tourer, with free delivery. I was getting ridiculous quotes for a stainless system.

dan type s said:
Any one recommend some where for replacements. Took my car to the garage on Sunday and confirmed the exhaust is blowing on one side. Was quoted 400 quid just for the one section?

Any one know if there's a better way to get it done? Stainless steel, second hand?

Cars a 53 plate
This sounds a very familiar story........snap!
:wacko:

Cheers guys, how do I get in touch with admin? Got my money all sorted now so can finally get the old girl a new exhaust lol!

You PM one of us and we reply with the discount code, you phone up HH, tell them you're from Type Accord and that you've been given the discount code "-insert discount code here-" and they give you a good price. Simples.

Needless to say, I'll PM you now buddy ;) .

I had this problem last year on my 2.0 tourer. Virtually everywhere was quoting me £800+ for the genuine Honda one piece exhaust. Found my local National Tyres and Exhausts place quoted me £450 fitted for it for the genuine part, turns out it should have been £900 fitted but they did it for £450 because that was their quote. A week after I got it fitted, a company id emailed about custom exhausts replied to me and offered me stainless steel full system for £400. I was gutted.

I am about to order mine this morning so will find out how much it shall cost me. I've spent less on previous cars than some of these quotes lol!

Just got mine ordered this morning, 290 delivered for both sections. Off side will be with be on the 18th and near side a month after. Shall look forward to delivery. :)

Did you order new gaskets, bolts and nuts? You will probably have to cut the old ones off.

Well my exhaust arrived yesterday, and is now fitted.
I can confirm that the bolts did indeed need to be cut off and gaskets replaced, thankfully the mechanic managed to sort this all out.

For the first couple of days was getting a really weird smell, like over heating metal or something but it appears to have gone now? That's normal with a new exhaust?

Glad you got it sorted. The smell is normal, I had it as well, thought my brakes were binding at first! :lol:

That's good to hear, was a little worried at first. I was thinking it could of been all tye wd40 he sprayed on it aswell?