What's new

2.4 zorst on the tourer cdti

ken hom

Members
Reaction score
Car
icdti 2.2 '04 accord
sure this has been covered b4 but cant find any answers...anyone know if i can swop out my existing duplex system that andy put on the tourer for a meatier sounding 2.4 tourer one? got a hankering for a bit more of a burble from the back end lol. also any detriment to performance or flow by removing the cat at all? any help or ideas appreciated cheers in advance al

Al I think what Andy has is a more free flowing system than the 2.4 stock exhaust and you will get less of a burble even if it did fit.

Ooh never thought about a zorst on the diseasel, what's Andy got then? Who's Andy? :D

thanks faddy, will have to do some research, really just for looks and audible rumble as i do miss my old vtec :( ***uming im not gonna get any gains but might check out after dyno this week.

Trev, Andy (Monks) sold me his old tourer coupla months back fella, you know...the co-founder of the site lol :rolleyes:

There's only one Andy ;)

Sorry I'm used to normal forums where people use usernames, I only look for real names when replying to a post usually.

Ah sorry Husky, we'll try and conform to the normal convention of forums then.

No it makes a nice change, I'm just not used to it so don't really know peoples names - I still recognise avatars more than names as well.

Actually joking aside, we deliberately do this and when we notice people haven't put at least a name in their profile - we ask them to update it. We're very much trying to create a proper community, rather than just a bunch of anonymous people chatting (even though in many cases that is what it is). Look at this way, how many forums do you know where there has been such long standing membership, people have sold their Accord's and moved on to other marques (me included in fact) yet they still frequent TA.

Look at this way, how many forums do you know where there has been such long standing membership, people have sold their Accord's and moved on to other marques (me included in fact) yet they still frequent TA.
Only one; mkivsupra.net. I sold my Supra 6 years ago and still go on there every day, as do many other people in a similar situation. I have to say though in the short time I've been here this forum has shown itself to be just as inviting and friendly as them, and much more than the dozen or so other forums I've passed through as an infrequent member. So keep up the good work guys, and sorry for the thread hijack!

So, where can I get a twin exhaust on my diesel? :D

Lol at this thread

Al, Faddy sumed it up think the 2.4 is gonna be way to quiet for your tastes mate.

Trev nice comments mate many thanks, TA is a great place and the membership really make me feel its all worthwhile.

If you want a dual exhaust for your diesel any longlife / powerflow place will hook you up. But I must say if I was doing it again I would go to zorstec as they did such an awesome job on Puppy's and Faddy's motors.

If your are modifying your car exhaust surely you would knock out the cat to get that famous owl hoot from the diesel turbo.