What's new

2004 i-CTDI low MPG

I've stayed away from this thread for a while but, having come back to it, I see we're no further forward. Still, no proper diagnostics have been done - and I don't mean just a fault code read. Instead parts and a whole engine have been thrown at it but the problem persists. If proper diagnostics are not going to be done (ideally on HDS) then the best suggestion I can make is a gallon of petrol and a match!
I agree.
HDS was suggested back on October 24th and would have saved a lot of time and effort.

Also the reason I'm not getting too involved. Happy to to help, but until it goes on a HDS with someone who knows how to use it, it's just a guessing game. Snap On tools are fine for general fault finding, but this needs some specific Honda tests.

I've seen unburnt diesel making it through the ports on a new Astra before because one of the injector couplings was broken (inside the rocker cover) so essentially it was leaking from inside the rocker cover and you couldn't see why from the outside.

Hello to everyone! Sorry I left this forum for so long.
Anyway nothing changed since then. the MPG are still low. How ever manifold was welded properly and the leak was from somewhere else I think it was oil or brake fluid and it wasn't MPG related in anyway.

So now I have some spare time to play with the car again and was just wondering I now can get an HDS diagnostic tool for couple of days. We don't know how to properly use that (same to the person who owns that) and therefore I want to ask for a favor.
If I will connect car to the computer and set up a remote desktop would somebody who really know HDS can have a look on that or at least direct me what to do and how?

Thanks

I feel like I've just wasted an hour of my life reading this entire thread. It had many twists and turns and played out like some weird soap opera at times. I was hoping for a resolution, now we have yet more questions. Do you think she has left the handbrake on? Thats seems about the only thing left on the car that has not been replaced.

Given how long this problem has been going on, I think you should take your car to the nearest Honda dealer and let them perform the diagnostics. There seems to be a good selection around Dublin... http://www.honda.ie/dealers/

Hello to everyone! Sorry I left this forum for so long.
Anyway nothing changed since then. the MPG are still low. How ever manifold was welded properly and the leak was from somewhere else I think it was oil or brake fluid and it wasn't MPG related in anyway.

So now I have some spare time to play with the car again and was just wondering I now can get an HDS diagnostic tool for couple of days. We don't know how to properly use that (same to the person who owns that) and therefore I want to ask for a favor.
If I will connect car to the computer and set up a remote desktop would somebody who really know HDS can have a look on that or at least direct me what to do and how?

Thanks

As Jon said, bring it to a Dealer, or at least ring one ask about a free health check, they should run a diagnostic and go from there ;)