What's new

2004 ictdi problem with air pressure

daniel9807

Members
Reaction score
Car
2.2i-cdti 2004
Hi guys. As some of you know my car suffered from the snapped timing chain and completely trashed the engine. I could not scrap the car, so I decided to swap the engine. I paid £550 for a engine with only 56k on it.

I have got it running and it sounds great. It's lovely and smooth.
There is a couple of little problems still to sort out.
1.) side lights don't work
2.)fog lights don't work
3.) needs new clutch slave cylinder ( I have managed to bodge the current one for the test drive)
4.) this problem is annoying me!! I have had the car running up to temperature on axel stands and it sound fine when revving the car on the axel stands. But on the test drive when I accelerated I got no boost but it sounds like there was a air leak. It sounded like air pressure building then releasing through a very small hole. It sounds terrible. Was thinking it could be the vacuum hoses are on the wrong way round.

Any advice on these problems would be a great help

Thanks daniel

What diagnostic errors are you getting?

It's possible the actuator vacuum lines are not on correctly, or there is a bad boost leak around the intercooler area.. Impossible to say without diagnostic information.

Can you log the car with live data? Check the boost requests and actual data.

Thanks F6HAD if it wasn't for you mentioning inter cooler I would not have remembered that there was a clip missing off the hose. Put a clip on and now it sounds fine and it's got turbo power once again!!

Thanks

No problem mate, it's normally something simple.

Glad it's fixed.