What's new

2004 Tourer auto REMAP

JIM WATSON

Members
Reaction score
Car
K24 TOURER 54 PLATE
I have had the remap for a few days now and I will try to give my opinion of it.
The most important change for me is the throttle response, the original set up
felt as though the right foot was not connected to the engine, it was vague and
a little unsure as to what was going to happen for a given pedal movement.
Now the connection is much more linear and instant, I still have a little rpm
hang up with the snap shut throttle from wide open I think this is unavoidable
with a servo working the butterfly, it has a transit time.
The 4.5k IVTEC is most welcome and comes in very gently.
The mpg is as yet unknown this tank is not a true representation as I am enjoying the IVTEC.
I have no DTC.
The engine feels normal and smooth in every way.
The service and communication has been first class.
I think this is a good product.
I think I am the first A/T with this if not please respond
Jim

Hey Jim ! Im happy to see you like it. You can proudly say you are the first AT guy in UK , thats it =)

Hi Jim, this sounds really interesting to me. Where did you get it done, how long did it take, and what was the cost if you don't mind telling........

Hi Ray as ukcl9 said
so far I have no complaints
I am looking forward to putting some miles on the car as yet i have only done about 100miles
on the remap.
Jim

Hi Folks
Just got back from Scotland and a trip of some 600 miles
so I am in a position to give an update.
First the car went very well with no problems.
I have installed a Scan gauge 11 which I have been calibrating.
I filled the tank a few times to aid the calibration.
The last fill was on the outskirts of Glasgow and filled again in Leeds.
The scan gauge gave an average of 41.6 mpg
my pocket calculator told me 41.4 mpg
I think this is good mpg and the scan gauge has achieved a good level of accuracy.
This was a very relaxed trip with cruise set to keep pace with the HGVs
I would expect 32 to 36 with cruise set at 70.
How do these numbers compare with other members 2.4 auto tourer.
Littlebo do I still have the only 2.4 auto tourer ECU remap ?
The scan gauge has lots of functions when set to read GPH it is interesting
watching the numbers go up and down and to zero on the over run.
I have mine set to read GPH VOLTS AVT TPS
Which is gallons per hour electrical volts average mpg this tank and throttle position.
On a level road at a steady 60mph it will read TPS==18 TO 20 with a GPH of 1 to 1.3

Jim

Hi I have spotted a mistake
The scan gauge AVT is this trip not this tank
This trip is since you turned on the ignition.
7 miles to work and it gives 24mpg on arrival both ways.
thanks
Jim

Hey this is really interesting to me as i have just had my manual 2.2cdti tourer re-mapped, and will be going to Scotland doing well over 500 miles fully laden to get there.

Really interested on the fuel i will achive at a speed of 75-80MPH, have always felt i need a 6th gear!

If you keep it at just over 2000rpm @ 75 ish, really good on fuel, but do say 85-90mph and it drinks it.

Also , with all the servicing costs and engineering problems of diesels, i sometimes wish i had got a petrol!

They soot up all the time, and where i live you just sit in traffic lights stop/start driving so economy probably no better than yours.

But it has amazing torque, and that was before i had it re-mapped, even going up hills in Wales fully laden , very rare to have to change down, long journeys are effortless.

But love the V-tec engines just as i will always love 2-stroke bikes, just rev like there is no flywheel!(well the early ones i drove did).

So petrol vs Diesel Tourer in future - dont know yet!

Hi Bagpus
I have zero experience of Accord diesels so I cannot help
but I have lots of 2 stroke experience and know what you mean, my Warburgs they used to scream, so do my model engines.

hey Jim, are you referring to old warburg cars form eastern germany?

'
"The Wartburg 353 was still an advanced car when it went on sale in 1965. Front-wheel drive and aerodynamically efficient styling meant 80mph from a mere 49bhp"

Just been reading up on then via net :)

Hi Bagpuss
Yes you are right.
I never had one as modern as a Knight or Tourist 353
Mine were the rounded body shape 311 and a 312. I fitted a 23/36 DCD Weber to the 312 with a pancake filter
the roar when the second choke open was music to my ears.
Jim

Hey Jim, just looked at your old 311 car, has certainley got charm and character :) which sadley is lacking in most modern aerodynamic similar cars.

Like you, i miss the sound of a 2 stroke moterbike, and the smell of castrol mix burning, even today will bring back fond memories.

But unfortunatly that's progress , and emissions, i guess, as i am sure no 2 stroke bikes, cars or even boat engines are built now.

But i will never part with my 15hp little outboard! or 2007 CR 250 !! :D

Hi Bagpuss
I think maybe we remember through rose tinted glasses.
I still have a Yamaha XS650 the twin the brits should have made.
Jim

ukcl9 said:
jim you are still the only auto tourer reflashed...but not the only auto..glad your still enjoying it
I want to be the second but dont have the money :( just spent £450 on an exhaust