What's new

2005 2.2 diesel Tourer Jumping slightly with aircon on

DsDAccord

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord Tourer 2.2 d
Very Strange thing has happened my accord in the last few weeks, while using the aircon my car jumps slightly when the fan/aircon kicks in.

Has anyone else had this and how did they fix it, its really annoying while driving, when i knock off the aircon it stops happening so it seems to be something relating to that.

It's normal, unless it's quite a pronounced jump in which case you might have worn compressor clutch

Really, ive never felt anything like this in any other car with the aircon on, its like something is drawing power from the car for a couple of seconds and then it goes back to normal after a that, so its something that hondas do????

That sounds familiar. It almost feels like an impact when the AC clutch operates on mine and I thought it was a fault initially but all the Accords I've seen are similar. The AC fans turning on at the same time seem to cause the charging system to activate too, making the change in load even higher. The impact feels more pronounced if I've already been driving for a while.

Sounds normal to me, most hondas are like that. However my e60 520d has no lag whatsoever

It's a BMW bro ;)

cheers for this lads i taught there was something wrong with the car, if its normal then its not so bad, still a bit annoying but nothing major at least