What's new

2005 i-cdti needs pumping before every start

braynov

Members
Reaction score
Car
2005 accord i-cdti
Hi,

i tried to find a solution in the forum , but couldn't.

My 2005 accord tourer i-cdti needs pumping every time before it starts. once going it works perfectly.

let me tell you the whole story:
a week ago I filled the tank with petrol by accident. How stupid - don't tell me :)
anyway, the car started cutting off so i immediately stopped and had it towed to a garage.
there they drained the tank and cleaned the fuel filter ( I didnt replace it as it has only 2k km. on it)
the car worked great and for a couple of days there were no problems whats or ever.
then on the 3-4th day the car wont start! I pump up the fuel and it starts and works fine.
but this is every time.
I went to the garage to check if they hadn't screwed some of the bolts/clamps/braces that prevent the fuel filter from draining properly, but everything seems to be in place.

so any suggestions?

could the fuel filter be damaged by the petrol or the cleaning?
or something else to have been damaged?

thanks

I would consider changing the fuel filter with a genuine one. Please note has to be a genuine one. Then go from there

If you havent changed the fuel filter yet... This would have been the first thing i would have done before running tje car again.

Petrol in a diesel system is bad news

Do the filter, ensure the system is properly bled.

If it doesn't resolve it you may have damaged the internal seals on your high pressure pump.