What's new

2005 type s 2.4 speedometer problem

Busman1

Members
Reaction score
Car
In between accords
I'm thinking of buying type s 2.4 2005 but it has speedometer problem, speedo drops out when clutch pressed and sometimes when driving normal in gear the speedo moves about on its own up down while driving along, it's definitely not the clutch, the vsr or vsa light came on and he changed the rear wheel sensor but still doing it can anyone help is it a cheap fix or mucho ££££,? Thanks in advance and happy new year guys

Vsa sounds like it just needs a reset = cheap
The other issue I'm not sure, could be a sensor,speedo cable or whatever picks up the speed signal.
I'm sure someone experienced in the matter will be along soon, I haven't had the need to delve into speedo issues thank god.

Do a search for vsa reset on here, there is a procedure you can attempt by yourself involving jumping pins on the ecu diagnostic plug and following a set number of presses on the vsa button. This should work if you have no other error codes stored

Cool guys before I make a decision to buy it I'm going to wait and see if there's anymore people with more information, I can do some stuff myself but will need more information or someone to do the work for me. Cheers