What's new

2006 (55) Alarm goes off for no reason

jointadventure

Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord 2.2 Ex
I have a 2006 Honda Accord 2.2 Ex I-CTDI and on returning to thhe vehical found the alarm had been going off for 15 seconds then would reset itself and go off again a few seconds later. I unlocked car with remote and car started but alarm still sounding, i tried unlocking and locking car several times and it still kept going off. Car drove fine with alarm sounding, eventually it silenced and stayed off. It was a hot sunny day. Any idears

I have heard that this can sometimes happen if your battery is not great.But there are a few threads on this in 7th gen faults.
BTW welcome to TA Alan

Have a look below

http://www.google.com/cse?cx=002134545166272172295:r6apjvdonka&q=Alarm%20problems&oq=Alarm%20problems&gs_l=partner.12...9152.16135.0.18673.14.14.0.0.0.0.306.1320.12j1j0j1.14.0.gsnos%2Cn%3D13..0.0.7016j6002812j15..1ac.1.apcPopNR36E#gsc.tab=0&gsc.q=Alarm%20problems&gsc.page=1

Welcome to TA. It's possibly the onset of a weak battery losing charge.. or it could be a bad ultrasonic sensor.

I think I'm right in saying if you lock the car with the pin on the drivers door rather than the button on the key (make sure the keys are in your hand, not the ignition ;) ) it'll lock up without the ultrasonics.

Might possibly help you eliminate that from your enquiries?

You didn't leave the sun roof or a window open did you? A small draft sets mine off. Though that doesn't explain why it was still sounding as you drove off...

Hello,

Could be all of the above but I also had this issue when I put some cheap Ebay LEDs in the rear lights, so once I removed them and did the key reset it stopped. when theres a power issue the alarm tends to sound but does not bring on the imobiliser. on these cars

But more likely the battery especially if its on its original.