What's new

2006 CN1 N22A1 to 2006 CL7 with K20Z2 engine swap

treboRRRR

Reaction score
Car
Accord CN1 2006 SDN
Hello,

Stupid question mby. But can someone help me with the information (yes i made the search and read most of the same topics here and other places but couldn't find the answer).

I am looking to swap my N22A1 form CN1 accord body to K20Z2 CL7 body - reason being i made a accident few days back and managed to total my car. Insurance doesn't to repair the body anymore because it is too expensive. Actually i don't want to repair it as well. Anyhow, i managed to find 2006 CL7 with manual transmission K20z2 engine - basic car without cruise control, xenons (it only has washers for headlights) and basic radio setub...even the seasts are full clotch materal. Reason for this car is it has only 94k kilometers (58k miles) on the clock and accident free car.

I think i can transfer all the navigation (not sure how the navigation antenna works?) and xenon headlight parts to the new cl7 body. But my only two biggest worries are the airconditioner pipework cuz the seem totally different between CL7 vs CN1 (my CN1 aircon pipes are badly bent form the front side where the radiator is also the radiator is totally broken as well). And the other thing is i need to transfer all the engine wiring harness.
What else to i need to swap between those cars?

Best option with less work would be CN1 to CN1 enginge swap, but there is no good donor at the moment, most of them are badly rusted - it seems alot more work to deal with bodywork and rust if i would go that route. But then again much easier swap and alot of spare parts :) - reason why i want to swap my n22a1 is beacause i did big maintenece to it (all the chains, clutchkit, dual mass flywheel, new injectors etc - see this: THREAD ) - and now managed to **** up and total the body :(

All recommendations and motivational words are welcome!

Thank you Honda family :)

Pics of my situation:

IMG_1048.JPG

352962599_239814712105351_9017676539910766315_n.jpg

IMG_1091.JPG

Just for comparison:

Volvos back end where i drove in :)
348384486_177486225272785_1916440192928458764_n.jpg

And my Hondas face:

348383593_3877478462478422_5530163905914135736_n__1_.jpg

ouch :[

why not repair your cn1? petrol to diesel is not the most involved swap if you drop the struts along with the subframe and "just" slot it in but it's all the ancillary **** that's gonna snowball and steal your time. for example.. like, yeah you can swap the speedo in 10 minutes, but do you know for sure that the dash harness is the same? and if your dash has to come out it has to come out of both cars for access
it's a difficult equation to solve

can't tell if the chassis rail ends are messed up from the photos, but if you're handy with a welder it'd be less of a headache to transfer the front bulkhead from a donor, it seems like a big job but the ESM explains it well. but then that's what I'd do and I do this for a job
either way it swings you get what you need with a donor car, be it body structural parts or outer panels, to a whole shell if you do proceed with the swap

ouch :[

why not repair your cn1? petrol to diesel is not the most involved swap if you drop the struts along with the subframe and "just" slot it in but it's all the ancillary **** that's gonna snowball and steal your time. for example.. like, yeah you can swap the speedo in 10 minutes, but do you know for sure that the dash harness is the same? and if your dash has to come out it has to come out of both cars for access
it's a difficult equation to solve

can't tell if the chassis rail ends are messed up from the photos, but if you're handy with a welder it'd be less of a headache to transfer the front bulkhead from a donor, it seems like a big job but the ESM explains it well. but then that's what I'd do and I do this for a job
either way it swings you get what you need with a donor car, be it body structural parts or outer panels, to a whole shell if you do proceed with the swap

That’s the thing…i am not handy with the welder but am handy with all the other things.

No the dash harness is not the same, 95% same but to figure out the difference i think in the end it is “easier” to swap it all…f*ck me!

There is 0 good or even considerable diesel donors at my country or nearby at the moment.

As far as i understand these are different with cn1 vs cl7 k20z2:

ABS module and location, therefore different piping in engine compartment.
Different climate piping and system under engine compartment.
different fuel piping from front to back therefore different fueltank insides as well.
front subframe (engine mounts) - rear is same.
These are the biggest differences i know at the moment. Even tho it is huge job to get it sorted the donors body is most likely worth it. Will meet the owner tomorrow to check the car out.

I am so heartbroken at the moment about my car. It was night hawk black which is one of my fav colors out there. Even the blackest BMW or MB looks grey side by side :D

Yes 8gen is badass looking as well but i hate DPF and the new diesel engine they have, not the same, many problems with their injectors and electronics.

Feeling hopeless atm…

Chin up, dude. What matters is you and that you're alive and okay. It's just a lump of metal and glass like every other one, and a bit of paperwork. You've said you don't want to repair it so move on. The 8th Gen is a better car in many, many respects. You will love it.

Chin up, dude. What matters is you and that you're alive and okay. It's just a lump of metal and glass like every other one, and a bit of paperwork. You've said you don't want to repair it so move on. The 8th Gen is a better car in many, many respects. You will love it.

yeah, ur right. BUT, went for another 2007 2.2 iCTDI with very good body (almost no rust) and has 290k on the clock - same trim level - EXEC NAVI - so i now have alot of spare parts :)

Thank you everyone for the answers