What's new

2006 diesel tourer getting slow at starting

Rustyrescue

Reaction score
Car
Accord
I have been quiet on the forum as of late.....my Tourer just carried on doing what it does!! working.
However, recently it has been getting slow at starting, more likely when warm and left for a short while, cold start usually about right. If it misbehaves it needs cranking over and over for far too long.
No issues being driven.
Battery is new.
Any ideas from those more with more knowledge than I??
Thanks

Almost definitely a bad fuel pressure relief valve with those symptoms. Cheap enough on eBay now. If that doesn’t cure it, then a failing injector. Only other thing it might be is a sticking egr valve.

thank you, I have a new filter to fit, where is the fuel pressure valve on this one it is not in the top of the filter like some.

hi, thanks again. The link is for a 8th gen, mine is a 7th gen MK7. I will look for the correct one. Thank you, I will change it and fuel filter then report back!!

having looked again it states MK8 but correct years! I ***ume this one is the correct part??

Thank you, your help has been appreciated. The Honda....AKA " Big Bad Barry" is a new car for me relatively! haha....I play with oldies.

I thought I would change over the limiter valve today....easy I thought, hex impact socket and breaker bar.....Oh no, the PAS pump has to come off first! GRRRR