What's new

2007 2.0 petrol Tourer fuel consumption?

anparkinson

Members
Reaction score
Car
2007 Accord 2.0
Had the Accord 1 week now and very pleased with it. On a long run driving gently I averaged 34.8 MPG. I was expecting a bit more. Does this sound reasonable?

Are there any mods worth doing on this engine?

Steady 62 on motorway to work, only been driving it a few weeks but impressed at how much fuel it uses. The commute to work is about 30 miles and I'm straight on the m'way from home with literally a few yards of town driving when I get there.

Steady 62 on motorway to work, only been driving it a few weeks but impressed at how much fuel it uses. The commute to work is about 30 miles and I'm straight on the m'way from home with literally a few yards of town driving when I get there.

I just had a 50 mile drive on A roads only to Gatwick airport. Normal speed taking it gently my 2.0 litre Tourer did 43 MPG. I'll go back on the motorway and see what difference up makes.

I just had a 50 mile drive on A roads only to Gatwick airport. Normal speed taking it gently my 2.0 litre Tourer did 43 MPG. I'll go back on the motorway and see what difference up makes.

Round town that's probably about right.
Even my diesel only does high 20's in heavy traffic.