What's new

2008 i-CTDi Flat Spot

Stratos

Members
Reaction score
Car
2008 i-CTDi Tourer
My car is due an annual service but has only covered 5000 miles due to not being used for 5 months.
I kind of know the answer to this but thought I would ask anyway.
My car has, since getting it back on the road, developed a rather large flatspot which is getting progressively worse. It's only noticeable around town and especially pulling away from the lights or pulling out at junctions where it's quite easy now to stall due to its 5 second delay before anything happens!.
Is this a fuel filter issue?? - it does have a genuine one fitted (April 2014) or maybe something else??

Thoughts appreciated..................

Possibly fuel filter, but that sort of a delay in acceleration is almost definitely your egr valve.

Drop me a line if you're interested in a permanent removal solution.

F6HAD said:
Possibly fuel filter, but that sort of a delay in acceleration is almost definitely your egr valve.
Thanks for the reply, whilst the car was off the road awaiting a fuse box to turn up (different thread), i took the egr off to clean however, i failed in getting the actual egr off due to not being able to remove the two bolts (facing up) holding it on. Removed the butterfly valve housing and cleaned all that out which was nowhere as coked up as I thought it may have been.
Don't mind having another crack at it , is there a trick to removing these two bolts?? the skin on my knuckles have only just healed!!

Yes you need a small stubby ratchet and plenty of muscle!

Cleaning it is unlikely to help, the valve itself is going to be knackered inside and the plunger either bent slightly or just unable to seat itself correctly.

Consider removing it permanently with our blanking and remap solution, or maybe replacing the valve.