What's new

2010 Accord Type S180 Excessive Shaking

Sidb

Reaction score
Car
Accord Type S 180
Hi All,

I have checked the posts to see if anything matches my issue but nothing exactly.

I own a 2010 Honda Accord Type S 180. (2.2 diesel). I am getting really excessive shaking / wobbling when the car is under acceleration.
Changed all the tyres had the wheels aligned and balanced. Issue still persists.
When accelerating lightly it’s not too bad but when I put the power down it starts shaking the whole car very excessively.
When I take my foot off the accelerator it stops. I’ve been told it could be the flywheel but from what I can see on other posts it could be the drive shafts?
Checked all bushings ball joints etc they seem ok. Not too sure what movement is good on the drive shaft though.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.

Thank you F6HAD.
Any possibility it’s the fly wheel, I’m not getting any clutch issues like slipping etc.

Flywheel problems normally manifest on idle. This sounds like driveshaft wear on the splines.

Thank you for the help all, I’m also going to check the control arm bushes tomorrow. How do you check the drive shafts for excessive play. They wobble a little when I checked it before but they need a little bit of movement don’t they?

Put a prybar or a very big screwdriver behind the large horizontal bush and pry outwards. there should be a small amount of movement but not excessive.
Look closely at the bush and you can see voids in the rubber part, they should not show any signs of polishing on the rubber nubs.
If there is any cracking or perishing of the rubber they are done.