What's new

2011 Accord 2.2 diesel este "intake shutter valve"

PDR said:
That procedure was tried and the car then road-tested, obnly to have the fault light come on again after a couple of minutes. That was the £48 "investigation" labour charge AIUI.

PDR
Did you try to find a Bosch supplier of the part ?

You have to wonder who is making the most money in the mark-up chain that got it to your vehicle :blink:

Man I respect your commitment to your principles

Jon_G said:
I can see the ethical argument, but it's weak. The car is still filthy and polluting even with a functional DPF system!
Oh yes, but sitting in the pilot's seat you are "removed" from the outfall, and will enjoy the super smooth power and comfort. The 7th gen's will be left it your wake. Especially with an "Auto". LOL

edgeoftime said:
Oh yes, but sitting in the pilot's seat you are "removed" from the outfall, and will enjoy the super smooth power and comfort. The 7th gen's will be left it your wake. Especially with an "Auto". LOL
What about the 'outfall' from the one in front of you?

Pollen filters need to be beefed-up to become pollen/diesel particulate/NOx filters!

I'm looking forward to a generous scrappage scheme for diesels. Then I think I'll be looking for a petrol/hybrid vehicle...

Jon_G said:

Pollen filters need to be beefed-up to become pollen/diesel particulate/NOx filters!

I'm looking forward to a generous scrappage scheme for diesels. Then I think I'll be looking for a petrol/hybrid vehicle...
In anticipation of such a scrappage scheme, might be worth "investing" £195 on this --> http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1999-306-1-9-LX-DIESEL-1-OWNER-FSH-MOT-AC-EW-PAS-CL-55MPG-RUNS-DRIVES-VERY-WELL-/201946144992

Jon_G said:
LOL.

It is cheap, but is my pre-facelift 7th gen worth that much more? £500 tops I reckon!
aye but the more one spends in anticipation of scrappage money, the less the profit

Hi PDR,

"At my request they've given me the one they took off, and when I get some time I'm going to strip it to see if I can establish what actually failed. If it's something like a failed crimp or solder-joint I'm going to be pretty cross... :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:"

Have you managed to find time to have a look at this unit yet? If so I for one, (and I suspect other diesel owners) would welcome an update.

Cheers, Pete.

This place does re-manufactured ones --> http://www.actronics.eu/en/shop/honda-civic-viii-2005-2012-throttle-body-en/honda-rml

honda-rml-throttle-body.jpg

If you search using NAS090 in ebay.co.uk there are loads of 2nd-hand ones too

I've had a look at the circuit diagram, and the power to the ISV comes via a relay, but other than ground, the only other connections are two wires direct to the ECU labelled E-CAN .
I can't find any info on E-CAN, it might be a typo, but either way, there must be a processor in the ISV, so it could be that that goes faulty.

On the circuit diagram they're labelled E-CANH on pin 15 of ECM to pin 6 of ISV, and E-CANL on pin 16 of ECM to pin 1 of ISV

On the ECM connector No 1 (96P) pinout, pin 15 is called E-CANH CAN communication signal high, and pin 16 is called E-CANL CAN communication signal low.

So presumably the ECM sends a command to the ISV to alter the throttle body by a certain percentage, and the ISV responds that it has done so, or a fault message. I'd expect there to be a processor in there, and a stepper-motor, and possibly a feedback sensor to the processor, though I doubt if the latter would add anything to the operation of a stepper-motor.

Jon_G said:
Fair point. The dealer probably doesn't understand it either.

You appear to be faced with a decision about spending a fair bit repairing the current problem (with continuing concerns about the DPF system) or having the DPF system removed/disabled (which may affect the eventual resale value of the vehicle?).

This is why I won't be buying another diesel!
Really jon I believe you was a fan of diesel [emoji23]

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

PDR said:
That procedure was tried and the car then road-tested, obnly to have the fault light come on again after a couple of minutes. That was the £48 "investigation" labour charge AIUI.

PDR
I don't believe stealers dealers clean they replace

Jon_G said:

Sensible move jon [emoji106]