What's new

2012 accord interesting changes

beefy_634

Reaction score
Car
fiesta
the latest accord will have the ability to detect misfueling and tune up kits, putting up a dtc. would be interesting to know how tuning firms can get arround this dtc facility within the ecu. regards the missfuel dtc it can only be a good thing in my mind. many more additions these being some of the more interesting.

Lists Adam, lists... you can't keep us hanging like that :lol:

Out of interest though. How does the miss-fuel thing work? Surely by the time the management system has picked that up it is too late?

:lol: What a fine invention that would be!

very interesting Adam

Very interesting stuff.

Wonder what is going to happen, to warranties, once the missfueling dtc has been triggered

Kiss 'em goodbye methinks.

I would say that tuning company's will always find a way around this.
But the trouble is the extra cost will go to the custonmer imo

BMW have had this for a couple of years, we still get around it ;)

That is interesting indeed but I'm sure there are ways round this.

I dont think you diesel boys will have to worry its human nature.There is always blocks put in your way and there is always a way around such things.

^ No probs Cliff.. I think after driving the Accord the Beemer just felt a bit flat.. but it's still a great car to tune.

I was reading the new MOT rules and modified ECU's seem to be on the fail list...
back to the new ECU, wonder if it has a duel bios type thingy like a lot of Motherbaords and video cards now have... hmmm

J

Think they mean piggy back ones - how would the average garage know a OEM ecu has just been programmed?

There's no failure for anything ECU related.

VOSA said:
ECUs will not be testable. The component criterion only applies to those testable components which are specifically stated in the Inspection Manual. As ECUs are not stated there will not be a relevant reason for rejection (RfR). Section 1.9 does refer to an inspection of visible wiring but has very specific RfRs for damage or the likelihood of damage and exposed conductors. Modification to wiring would not be a failure unless it met the specific RfRs. Given the location of modern ECUs it is probable that the wiring will not be visible anyway.

From here:
http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/topic/7796-2012-new-mot-rules/