What's new

2012 Honda Accord EX Steering Control Module Replacement Part

beefwatt

Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord
Hi,

I have a 2012 Honda Accord and recently the power steering has been failing.

We have taken it to our garage who have said it is the power steering control module and have given us 3 options, after trying and failing to repair the module.

1 . Scrap the car
2. Find a 2nd hand part
3. Replace it for a new part (very costly and time consuming to get the part)

We are most keen on option 2, the part number we have got is 3998 - TLO E05.

The garage and myself cannot find a part that matches this number totally, we get the first part '3998 TLO E0' but then the last digit never matches, we can't find one with a '5' at the end.

Does anyone have any knowledge of this/know what this final digit means?

We have spoken to Honda direct and they weren't any help.

If we were to get a 3998 - TLO E01 for example, would this be compatible with the car?

Any advice is very very much appreciated as we are totally stuck.

Scrap the car? Tell them to stick to mechanics and give comedy a miss.

you could have your existing one refurbished by BBA Reman or someone similar.

try and source one from the same car spec and year. Cars with different options such as Lane keep ***ist or different transmission will likely be incompatible.

ideally buy through eBay and just return if it doesn’t work, you may need to cover the postage.

Hi, thank you for your reply, the garage had sent it off to somewhere to have the part refurbished and unfortunately they said it couldn’t be done. I will look into the company you mentioned though!

Yes I will have a look on eBay, it’s just really difficult with that final digit missing but I suppose I could speak to buyer and see if they’d accept a return should it not be compatible!
Again thank you for your reply

What year, model and spec is your Accord?

I think the TLO in your part number might be a TL0

The format for the honda part numbers should be like this 3998-TL0-E05

The O in the middle part should be a 0 like Fahad says and also looks like there is a digit missing on the first part as there are usually 5 digits.

Last edited: