What's new

24 hour clock

Paul

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord i-CTDi
if this isn't worth lots of rep points nothing is :D

after messing about a lot with my radio today trying to get my bluetooth to work (which is another story) I found out how to change the clock to 24 hour on the premium sound stereo

1. turn the radio on
2. push and hold the stereo power button until the display at the top of the dash shows "NEWS ON/OFF"
3. push the tune knob (opposite side to the power vol one) and it scrolls through various menus things like "REG ON/OFF"
4. eventually you come to "CLOCK 12H or 24H" turn tune knob to change from 12 to 24
5. may have to set the time on the sat nav screen as it may be in AM not PM so for example it may display 3.00 instead of 15.00 so it could be 12hrs out

have fun with it

Paul, you are an absolute legend. This works.
Although i suspect you have satnav or your car is a facelift. Its a slightly different procedure for the premium and im guessing non premium pre facelift CD player.

Hold the power knob until it displays NEWS OFF and then press number 5 on your radio pre-set's and it will then display CLOCK 12/24 hr, Simply press 5 again and that's it.

Rep point coming your way buddy, This has always bugged me.

You must have to much time on your hands :lol: nice one though and have a rep point on me lol

Not in my manual...

Nice one :D

this worked! Spot on. Thanks. I feel like a grown up now. I hate 12hr clocks!!!

its in my manual on the same page as for setting the clock on the head unit (i refer to the stereos manual)

Tried this last night and it worked a treat. I also turned off the AF tuning which is what I was looking for also.

Excellent bit of Info.

This should be stickied/pinned/whateveryouwannacallit

And just to add, I've looked for it in my manual and could not find it either :rolleyes:

Nice - worked perfectly for me

Anybody knows how to set the time without access to the satnav menu? My DVD drive's bust and satnav dvd all scratched.

Thanks

Carried this out in the cabin yesterday. But slightly different M.O. as the power button hold only indicad AF and current PTY. So, went into settings on nav screen and changed time to 24hr, but had to change time zone for daylight and 24hr settings to work. Nice to see 17.00 instead of 5.00