What's new

33 offset on 8th Gen?

Staddly

Members
Reaction score
Car
8th Gen 2.2 Tourer
As ***le, any chance they would fit without work?? 18 x 8.5's with perhaps 225/45's?

Rims n Tires states the package will stick out 22mm further - reckon the rears might be OK but fronts??

Oh, and I know James going to say they will fit ;)

Hi Stadders,

Dont know tbh. I'd recommend sticking with the Honda approved wheel and tyre sizes, the 18" look good and you know they will fit properly and wont mess up your speedo reading.

Get some pics up when you get some wheels.

regards

Rich

Hi Stadders,

Dont know tbh. I'd recommend sticking with the Honda approved wheel and tyre sizes,

Where's the fun in that ;) :lol:

Would always stick within overall wheel/tyre sizes to maintain overall diameters anyway.

I'll get some pics up as soon as I decide which ones to buy!!!!! :rolleyes:

Depends the width of rim your thinking about. On our cars max at the rear is 19" x 8" with 32mm offset, front however would stick out past wing and rub so better with 45mm offset. I run 19" M200 honda alloys on mine, specs are 19" x7.5 55 offset and I have 20mm H&R spacers front and rear.To check try my wheel specs which would be 19 x 7.5 x 35 offset and type it into 1010 tyres wheel offset calculater and compare with other wheel specs, if it sticks out further than mine the chances are that body mods are required. Hope this helps

Forgot to say my tyre size is 215 x 35 but 225 would still clear and my wheel has about 5mm tuck up front and has 6mm clerance on rear arch and I am lowered on H&R springs. I will try and enclose photo to give you an idea of how this wheel specs look, I will have to do my homework first on how to upload pictures.

Ok heres pictures I hope,
P1014468_zps3a79c27e.jpg
[/URL][/img],

Wow! I think that's the first time I've seriously got excited about the look of an 8th gen tourer. Seriously good work buddy.

That's great info joiner, cheers.

Comparing what you run - 7.5 x 35 offset with the ones I am considering - 8.5 x 33 offset - they would stick out an extra 15mm and have 11mm less inside clearance.

Yours being 19's, I wonder if the ones I ma looking at, 18's might mean they would clear :unsure:

That said, I don't front or rear to stick out past the arches, just fill them. May be better sticking with a more subtle 18 x 8 x 40 offset, possibly combined with spacer route but TBH I am nervous about spacers, don't know why though.

Yours look cracking on your tourer B)

I run spacers on my last cl7 with these wheels on it, I too was a bit concerned at first but it worked out ok as I opted for H&R hubs centric spacers. These bolt onto the hub with the supplied bolts and have built in new studs, providing your alloys have recesses between the bolt holes on your wheels as on 20mm spacers the original studs stick out 5mm beyond the spacer. If I had went 8" wide wheels I would have only been able to fit 10mm but they are only available from America in bolt on form otherwise if you stick with the likes of eibach are H&R you will have to fit extended wheel studs which on our cars is a major job so if I was you ask as much advice and give it a lot of consideration before purchase. If you need more advice just ask as I know what your going through.

Depends the width of rim your thinking about. On our cars max at the rear is 19" x 8" with 32mm offset, front however would stick out past wing and rub so better with 45mm offset. I run 19" M200 honda alloys on mine, specs are 19" x7.5 55 offset and I have 20mm H&R spacers front and rear.To check try my wheel specs which would be 19 x 7.5 x 35 offset and type it into 1010 tyres wheel offset calculater and compare with other wheel specs, if it sticks out further than mine the chances are that body mods are required. Hope this helps

I'm not sure where you got the m200 name for those rims, but Honda call them Lightning, btw how's the ride on 35 sidewalls?

http://www.coxmotorparts.co.uk/genuine-honda-19-lightning-alloy-wheel-single-p-911.html

Cracking looking tourer, Joiner. Is it Polished Metal or Volcano Grey?

Those wheels make my 17" look a bit wimpy. Liking the sports grille with a red badge also.

My car colour is volcano grey richsprint

Yes mr Honda they are lightening alloys but as they came as standard on the limited edition M200 civic I just refer to that when people ask. As for the 35mm sidewalls, yes they are very firm and a bit harsh but I guess im used to it now as I have been running this wheel/tyre size for the last 6 years, originally on my accord type r, then civic sport and cl7. the only thing I would like to do is go 225 tyres to give me some more kerb protections.I couldnt on my cl7 with these wheels as they rubbed on the back with 20mm spacers just and nomore with 215. Considering I only do 2500miles a year I am willing to conpromise the ride quality for looks.