What's new

3rd Brake Light and Brake Light in Spoiler

DamonT

Members
Reaction score
Car
2007 Accord Diesel
Hi All!

Eventually I'm going to be putting a Sport model OEM spoiler onto my Accord.

My 3rd brakelight is as you'll know, in the middle of the back window, but I've noticed some spoilers have a 3rd brakelight inside them.

What are my options if the spoiler I order has a brakelight in it?

Can the brakelight at the back window be removed? and if so, what happens with the wiring?

Thanks,

Damon

I think it just works in conjunction with the rest, it does not make the window brake light obsolete.

ah right, just thought it would be a bit pointless if I have a brakelight in the spoiler, plus the brakelight in the middle of my back window.

Hi peeps. Just a question on the wiring. I have just bought a spoiler with the break light. How does this connect? Is an adaptor or any additional wiring needed?

Thanks in advanced

I would hazard a guess that being an optional extra there will be a plug for it to connect to already in the boot somewhere?

Thanks @Pete1958

Do we know if the brake light on the parcel shelf and the spoiler light both illuminate at the same time?

I
Unplug the third brake light plug and see if it matches the spoilers connector. If it doesn't you might have to splice into one of the brake light lines. That's what I've done with mine.