What's new

49mpg from 2.4 petrol

I have had my trip tell me over an average journey of 564 miles that I was getting 72.4mpg average. I then calculated the mpg from the mileage and filling it (number of litres) and had got 49.7mpg. Recently my computer has only been a few mpg out (between 2-4mpg) on the last few tanks, but that is how accurate these things are! All in all I wouldnt rely on it one bit.

It also claims when I fill it up that a full tank will do nearly 800 miles and I struggle to get 600.

My average for last 2000 miles is .....................................................

37mpg

mostly long drives

My average for last 2000 miles is .....................................................

37mpg

mostly long drives
That's a very good AVG Steven over that amount of mileage :)

That would be 700 miles off one tank :eek: . That's brilliant and a bit of a two fingers to the diesel guys who slag off the petrol for its efficiency. But I'm not sure what to think. I mean sure it's impressive, but you'd never get that from the whole tank. Like Monks said, a sunny day...

I'd be interested to know what your final mileage on this tank of fuel is. Mine's a 7th gen, but I'm pretty sure there's little difference (if any) in the engines. I don't have a trip computer, but keep a keen eye on the mile counter, reset at every fill, number crunch in my head on the fly and I know I've got similar mileage at times. But come 425 miles the fuel light still comes on like clockwork :( . But I guess if the road was long enough, flat enough and the revs were sat just below 2000 this car would just go and go. Maybe it would be better suited to east/west highways in the states :unsure: .

425 miles is good as i said my normal town driving im lucky to get 350 miles on a tank :rolleyes:

The wife and i are of to Weymouth shortly for a drive.Its about 140 mile round trip so i will get another reading if i can keep my foot of the gas :lol:

That would be 700 miles off one tank :eek: . That's brilliant and a bit of a two fingers to the diesel guys who slag off the petrol for its efficiency.

Er, not all of us do!! :lol:

Saying that though - if you guys are getting such silly MPG from petrols, then the 95MPG I've recorded on several occassions must be pinpointedly accurate!! :D

Er, not all of us do!! :lol:

Saying that though - if you guys are getting such silly MPG from petrols, then the 95MPG I've recorded on several occassions must be pinpointedly accurate!! :D
:p :lol: :lol:

Aaaahhh, its a sad day when you petrol lot are trying to replicate diesel mpg :lol:

Oh, what have I started?

Aaaahhh, its a sad day when you petrol lot are trying to replicate diesel mpg :lol:

Oh, what have I started?

MEH, 480-500 miles to a tank is the norm for me, 600-650 is achievable if I drive like an OAP

no point in wringing its neck, it's not a type R

deciding atm whether to upgrade my 04 plate Bora TDI to a 123d M Sport or trade the Accord in for god knows what. :) The fuel consumption on the Accord isn't terrible but frankly other manufacturers are way ahead in emissions and fuel consumption. Might hold onto her till the next gen CRX appears, still a nice drive and love all the toys :)

Oh, what have I started?

Not quite the 49 mpg but not bad for a 151mile trip.
O and i used the VTEC 4 TIMES AS WELL ;)

P110904_172936.jpg

Keep trying... :lol:

My average for last 2000 miles is .....................................................37mpgmostly long drives

Yeah it's true, I was worried when I got mine because Honda say low 20s for urban driving...

But I get 37 on a run and about 30 doing short trip urban pottering about, by which I mean the right side of 30 or thereabouts

And still on the original exhaust manifold, timing chain, driveshafts, clutch, flywheel, injectors, VSA etc etc etc :lol: :lol: :lol:

You can go off someone you know :lol: :lol:

He's wavering...with the 8th gen 2.4 there's nothing in it ;)

There is... pride and tax deductibility. :p