What's new

5x114.3 18x9J alloy wheels, fits 7th gen ?

bacardi

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord EX 2.2 i-ctdi
Hi, found nice alloys for affordable price, just not sure if they are not too wide for 7th gen accord, standard suspension. They are 18x9j all 4 wheels.. anyone knows if they compatible to fit on? Thanks in advance​

they are quite wide, but you shouldn't have any issues anyway, but make sure there is correct offset, if it's less then 40 they will stick out, if it's more then 55 you may have rubbing

Bacardi can we have a link for these wheels and all the dimensions to make sure there ok

Bacardi can we have a link for these wheels and all the dimensions to make sure there ok

sorry don't have a link, but turned out they are 18x8j +35 offset

any good ? need to know asap please

also, center bore size is 74.1 .. accord standard is 64.1... any chance to get spigot rings?

They should fit with minimal fuss mate.

74.1 - 64.1 rings are available.

I've got 73.1- 64.1 rings and it's not a problem.

you don't need to worry about centre bore as you can always get spigot rings, but offset 35 is a bit to low for accords as wheels will be sticking out from arches, I have currently 38 and its about 0,5 cm out on the front, rear is ok, but my car is lowered on your standard suspension it would be look odd ;)

Thanks for help guys! :) bought them today, tried to fit them first ( got no tyres yet) and they are ok.
Here is a link:
2hnnxwl.jpg

Let me know what you think, what tyres would be the best option? isn't it 215 45 ?

Thanks, will take some pics once it's fitted.

215?? tyre will be very stretched, for that width at least 225 which also will be stretched, so watch out for curbs ;)

Any wheels can go on bud with a bit of arches being rolled/pulled ;) iv seen accord with 10.5j on rears,so can be done

225 width tyres will be rubbing inside which is not what i want, agree 215 will be streched quite a bit but at least wont be rubbing anything. Unless some have actually tried 225 on 18inch alloys ?!

You could always fit spacers if you think they will rub on the inside

i'm looking for spigot rings from UK 74.1 to 64.1 , googled but can't find unless price over 40 quid.. may you know any specific shop or website ? Thanks in advance guys

as far as I know there isn't 74.1 but 73.1, I had many sets of wheels and all of them had 73.1, so if yours are 73.1 you need this spigot rings
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Spigot-Rings-73-1-64-1-PRELUDE-CRX-VTI-INTEGRA-CIVIC-ACCORD-KEI-FOX-LG-BK-AXE-/130610539130?pt=UK_Cars_Parts_Vehicles_Wheels_tyre_Trims_Trims_ET&hash=item1e68feaa7a

ur right, on one of alloys been left spigot ring, i have measured it's outter and yes it was 73.1(seller's info was wrong) i'll buy them from a link you dropped me ;) Thanks mate

Random question i know, but did you use a micrometer to check the space? I only ask as i got told i'd need 61mm to 61.1 rings and turns out i'll need 74.1.

225 width tyres will be rubbing inside which is not what i want, agree 215 will be streched quite a bit but at least wont be rubbing anything. Unless some have actually tried 225 on 18inch alloys ?!

225 is a recommended tyre size for the 7th gen B) I've 18's on a 2.0 type s, but my offset are +55

Random question i know, but did you use a micrometer to check the space? I only ask as i got told i'd need 61mm to 61.1 rings and turns out i'll need 74.1.

Lol a 1mm spigot ring :D.

A rule should do the job of measuring a spigot ring ;)

Lol a 1mm spigot ring :D.

A rule should do the job of measuring a spigot ring ;)

LOL it's not even 1 mm it's just 0.1mm which makes no ****** difference :D actually on spigot ring should be a measurement printed out.

225 is a recommended tyre size for the 7th gen B) I've 18's on a 2.0 type s, but my offset are +55

Could you take a picture for me, would like to see how much they are streched if you got 225 on your 18's
hmmm my offset is +35 i think, they sticks out about a half inch on front, rears are ok.
for 225 what aspect ratio ir the best ? looking for more comfort, so is it 45 or 50? also to prevent any damage for tyres incase if profile is to high.

^^Have no pics as yet mate, the tyres aren't stretched, my rims are 7.5j, maybe i missed what widths you are going with but that will detemine if there's any stretch or not :unsure:

sorry dude, just re-read your first post, yeah 9j is asmall stretch, and googles your friend B)
http://uk-mkivs.net/forums/t/405408.aspx

^^Have no pics as yet mate, the tyres aren't stretched, my rims are 7.5j, maybe i missed what widths you are going with but that will detemine if there's any stretch or not :unsure:

sorry dude, just re-read your first post, yeah 9j is asmall stretch, and googles your friend B)
http://uk-mkivs.net/forums/t/405408.aspx

Actually it was a mistake, I got18x8j rims, and I need a small stretch, so I was wondering if will have no problems on 215 45 or 50 ???? Thanks for a calculation form but it's not what I need. :)

Thanks for a calculation form but it's not what I need. :)
What calculation i was about ? LOL

That link was very usefull, Thanks for that! :) now i got 225 40 fitted on my car and looking forward to buy a new lowering springs :)

Hi. Forgive the dumb question here, but does it have to be lowered to change the regular 16" to 17" or 18"? I guess it looks better when lower, but could I just put 17" or 18" on? Thanks.

Plenty are standard height on 17's and I'm sure some are on 18's too

Hi. Forgive the dumb question here, but does it have to be lowered to change the regular 16" to 17" or 18"? I guess it looks better when lower, but could I just put 17" or 18" on? Thanks.

Yeah plenty of people put 17's/18's on and kept the standard suspension, but not only does lowering improve the asthetics, I found it greatly improves the drive, particularly the tramlining effect the 7th gen can suffer from :D