What's new

6th Gen. Whats this bracket/pipe?

No the Canister looks untouched, I never saw any fuel coming from anywhere near the top of the engine (or Canister) and the pipes look like they are one piece unit until they arrive in the engine bay. I reckon a pipe was damaged or possibly not replaced and cracked somewhere along its length, during the job. If I saw fuel from an obvious place then I would have at least tried to stop it.

Why it started leaking a few hours after doing the valve clearances I have no idea particularly when the car has been driven and warmed up for the cylinder leakage test a week or so before.

The main fuel line to the rail is also support by a bracket then a hose so its not like you can damage it by removing the rail. Not only that but the rail was empty because fuel emptied out when I removed the injectors - I'd estimate about 50ml of fuel came out the rail.

Interesting reading on CivicInfo, I'm sure I read a worse story about a customer and his CRV - I am just trying to remember what forum it was on....ah yes CRV Owners Club

http://www.crvownersclub.com/forums/67-cr-v-owners-europe/5734-new-crv-needs-new-head.html