What's new

7th gen facelift flat wiper retrofit

Hmm, day two with the car and I now have another mod to make.

I knew signing up for this forum would be a bad idea! :)

:lol: just wait...

Excellent post; I have just purchased the newer style blades and had hit the problem with the anti-chatter block; saw the screw on it, but wanted third party confirmation that the right fix was to take it off.

:)

hey, don't mean to pee on someone's parade but not sure I understand what all the fuss is about, were we of the opinion that to go down the flat wiper blade route we needed the new wiper arm from a FL Accord?
I didn't know this, so fitted mine from Costco, I think they're Goodyear with no mods or removing plastic clip and they work great, no chatter, high speed lift etc. Or have I just been lucky? :eek:

ah just re-read, everyone's talking about fitting Honda's WB that presumably won't fit without removing the plastic clip...

Bit late doing this one, but wow these wipers are nice!!!!! Really quiet. Well chuffed :D

allready added aero wipers to mine the day after buying the car i also removed that plastic brick purely because it stuck out like a sore thumb,
I didn't realise you could fit the facelift side mount wipers though they look 100x better than the universal ones im going to change them now and keep this current set for the winter as the wiper arms sit way to high on these it just looks silly

Just to confirm, this is for a pre-facelift Accord? I find the stock wipers horrific, they leave a little smear at the edge of the drivers side wiper. Seems to be common on the Accord as three others I know do it too :rolleyes:

Just to confirm, this is for a pre-facelift Accord? I find the stock wipers horrific, they leave a little smear at the edge of the drivers side wiper. Seems to be common on the Accord as three others I know do it too :rolleyes:

Yes this is for a pre facelift accord. The facelift already has these wipers.

Thanks to this thread I also did the deed last month. Got me some fresh aero blade wipers from honda and fitted them after unscrewing that wee block thing. Cheers buddy! B)

Finally got round to putting facelift wipers on my pre-facelift. They're soooo much quieter! Wish I'd done it ages ago :rolleyes:

Yeh, did the same mod myself last week. Had to unscrew the little block but much much better now. Quieter, more effective and they look so much more modern and clean.

£20.00 all in at my local Honda dealer.

I've just bought a set off ebay like the ones in the link on previous pages but the passenger arm is 22" long. Can anyone tell me the facelift wiper lengths? Need to know whether they've sent me the wrong ones or I've ordered the wrong ones.

Cheers Spud.

I've just bought a set off ebay like the ones in the link on previous pages but the passenger arm is 22" long. Can anyone tell me the facelift wiper lengths? Need to know whether they've sent me the wrong ones or I've ordered the wrong ones.

Cheers Spud.

Passenger side should be 15"

http://www.wiperblades.co.uk/honda-accord-saloon-years-2003-to-2008-wiper-blades/

Resurrecting an old thread here but I'm slightly confused! Looking to do the front wiper upgrade and fully understand that the facelift blades will fit with the block removed but as i understood it the 06-08 wiper arms are actually slimmer in design and can further streamline the whole setup. This is the pic from heeltoeauto.com comparing the two and there looks to be a big difference in the shape of the arm, is this just a tsx thing?

IMAG0555.jpg

Even called a breakers today and he compared some 07 arms to 03 ones and said they are the same so not getting very far. Full heeltoe thread here:

http://www.heeltoeauto.com/tech-articles/appearance-function/04-05-tsx-wiper-upgrade-to-low-profile-06-08-units.html

Any help is appreciated

Mate they are the same. Just change the blade over.

This mod has been done loads now and there have been no complaints

I know it works and the blades will fit just wanted the slimmer arms for the more flush look and didn't know wether they came on another uk model as they do on the facelift tsx

Looks like a great (cheap and easy) mod for the pre-facelift. Just ordered a set of facelift Honda OEM blades from Holdcroft. Less than £20 the pair inc. VAT and delivery, with forum member discount. Very pleased with that.

Did the mod this afternoon. Wipers look so much better now.

Tip for those yet to do this. Make sure you spray the screw holding the driver's wiper block in place with WD40 or similar the night before. Mine was so welded in place that the screw head nearly threaded!

AdamW said:
Looks like a great (cheap and easy) mod for the pre-facelift. Just ordered a set of facelift Honda OEM blades from Holdcroft. Less than £20 the pair inc. VAT and delivery, with forum member discount. Very pleased with that.
Can you pm the discount code please?

crespo said:
Very easy mod to do and takes about 5 minutes.

Tools needed,

Small Philips screwdriver.

New Facelift flat wiper blades. £25 a pair from Honda.

Most of you will already know that the passenger side wiper arm is already compatible with the newer flat wiper blade found on the facelift 7th gen Accord but the drivers side has a block on the wiper that holds the old style wiper blade steady at high speed which gets in the way of the new style flat blade.
This mod will save you buying a drivers side wiper arm which costs £60 + VAT from Honda.

All you need to do is lift the arm and look underneath the plastic block and you will see a small Philips screw holding it to the wiper, Just unscrew this and the block comes off, Then your good to go.

This picture shows the plastic block that you need to remove. (under my finger)
34d30219-7e1f-4311-9db4-21ef6c55eebc.jpg

A picture of it removed.
c7247c3d-b875-4d51-a96b-ab7f4dbd48cb.jpg

Which leaves you with this.
e9212083-8e88-4609-a8b8-699be6d63efa.jpg

That is it, Job done.

Now just install your wipers you got from Honda and stand back and admire your handy work.

From this.
84032e4d-ce52-4ee5-be9b-efcd9d6a27a6.jpg

To this.
f6661b59-f251-4180-b9ed-c992d3cd5929.jpg

I have tested this mod at motorway speeds and i get no lift or chatter from the wipers and they work perfectly.
Hello. You were last active about 8 months ago but if by any chance you get this notification could you kindly upload these images elsewhere so I can see them please?

Thanks

Economic said:
Hello. You were last active about 8 months ago but if by any chance you get this notification could you kindly upload these images elsewhere so I can see them please?

Thanks
try a PM, he's not on the watch-list for this thread