F6HAD

Affiliate / Co-Founder
Staff member
Reaction score
Car
2009 Accord IDTEC
Guys,

Just a quick one.

I'm noticing more and more members with cracked manifolds on their ICTDI that are outside the 7 year/125k Honda extended warranty.

I've had a chat with a trusted mechanic of mine in Bradford, and he is currently repairing one of these on a 2007 and as it was a taxi with over 160k on the clock, it was outside the warranty period. It's taking him a full day to remove, reweld (mig welder) and test before refitting.

As a favour to me, he is willing to offer our members (strictly by introduction through me) a fixed rate of £200 for the complete repair. You would of course need to bring the car up to Bradford and leave with him for a complete day.

If interested, drop me a PM and I'll faciliate the contact.

Cheers

Fahad

That's awesome news Faddy! I'm sure quite a few people will take you up on this. I'd recommend a trip to Mumtaz while they wait.

thats a steal Fahad! I would consider that a true 'mates rates' as its a rather involved process, and as you say takes a fair bit of time.

thumbs up!

Good work Fahad for our diesel boys and girls.

My manifold kit cost £230 plus as much again for fitting. So £200 is a bargain :)

Fahad,

That really is a great offer, I'm sure there will be plenty of people that will take that up.

Equally knowing he is a friend of yours, does speak volumes for his workmanship, as I know you are particular about who does and doesn't work on your cars.

Thanks for organising it for us all.

Nice one dude.

Once again though am too late :lol: Got royally stiffed when mine went :(.

Definitely worth doing people!

Cheers guys, just trying to help our members and I know as these cars now get older, many will fall foul of the warranty period expiring. A trip to Mumtaz wouldn't hurt although there are much better places in the same area ;)

good job Fahad and its very cheap :)

There had to be one.

Nice deal Fahad, this for sure will help a lot of our members if they encounter this issue

fantastic deal, i use mine as a taxi and mine is approaching 124k atm.

i will bear in mind if i need it done (hopefully not but...)

Wish I lived near Bradford, well not really ;) I wish this garage was nearer me ha ha.

Just came back from the local Honda dealer, I wasn't sure on the age of my car, turns out it turned 7 last Nov, 114k miles at the moment, but the nice man had to say no to a free fix. £700 to replace it...

Do you think it's worth buying a second-hand one for about £100 and having my mechanic replace it rather than trying to fix the old one? I can't seem to discover whether they're the newer or older type though.

Wish I lived near Bradford, well not really ;) I wish this garage was nearer me ha ha.

Just came back from the local Honda dealer, I wasn't sure on the age of my car, turns out it turned 7 last Nov, 114k miles at the moment, but the nice man had to say no to a free fix. £700 to replace it...

Do you think it's worth buying a second-hand one for about £100 and having my mechanic replace it rather than trying to fix the old one? I can't seem to discover whether they're the newer or older type though.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2005-HONDA-ACCORD-2-2-CDTI-INLET-MANIFOLD-/280819699362?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Car+Make%3AHonda|Model%3AAccord&hash=item4162288ea2

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2005-HONDA-ACCORD-2-2-CDTI-INLET-MANIFOLD-/280819699362?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Car+Make%3AHonda|Model%3AAccord&hash=item4162288ea2

That's an inlet Manifold isn't it?

I've searched eBay and registered with 24/7 spares, cheapest I can get is £75 delivered, I was just wondering if it's worth buying that, or is the labour to repair is less.

That price is amazing! Manifold jobs were always the ones left in the rack at work due to them being a pig of a job. The turbo practically welds itself to the manifold and the studs often snap. Heat is the only way of loosening them up. The new modified manifold comes with the studs already fitted because Honda know they snap off the old manifolds. Id advise getting a new turbo seal kit whilst its off.

Pretty sure this price cannot be beaten!

Cheers Chris and agree, if you can supply your own turbo seal kit, he'll fit it in on re-***embly I'm sure.

HI, I'm a newbie with the same manifold problem. Maddening thing is I've only had the car for two weeks after buying it privately, didn't notice the smell on the test drive, Doh :(

Anyway, I'm waffling on, Does this offer still stand? as I want to get it done straight away if poss.

Bit mad at first as car is 7 and half years old with 80600 miles on the clock and out of the magic warranty, but at least you guys have given me some hope.

Hi Colin, as per response to your messages - yes my mate can still do them.

First of all a massive thank you to Fahad and his mechanic mate Rash

Right, just to bring all readers up to speed. From previous post regarding manifold, Fahad put me in touch with his mate Rash who has a garage in Bradford. We arranged to take the car over on Thursday and to leave it there overnight so he could finish the job on Friday due to the size of the task involved.

Rash was very knowledgable about the problem and even offered me a lift to the train station.
His attitude put me at ease instantly.

On the Friday he rang around 2 o'clock to say the car was done, so I jumped the train back and met him at the garage at 4. He was insistent that I test drove the car before I paid him.

On starting the car all exhaust type smells had gone and the rasping sound had gone on acceleration. Job well done.

Just to make everything even better, Rash had valleted my car inside and out, so not only did my car run brilliantly but it had the image to go with it. All this from a small private garage in Bradford run by a really nice guy.... main dealers read and learn!!!!

Fahad has been in touch all the way through, and text me on my way home to make sure all had gone well. Again cant say enough about him. Top top bloke.

So, if you have a problem with your car and need a good mechanic the get in touch with Fahad and ask to be put in touch with Rash, because you will not be disappointed.

First of all a massive thank you to Fahad and his mechanic mate Rash

Right, just to bring all readers up to speed. From previous post regarding manifold, Fahad put me in touch with his mate Rash who has a garage in Bradford. We arranged to take the car over on Thursday and to leave it there overnight so he could finish the job on Friday due to the size of the task involved.

Rash was very knowledgable about the problem and even offered me a lift to the train station.
His attitude put me at ease instantly.

On the Friday he rang around 2 o'clock to say the car was done, so I jumped the train back and met him at the garage at 4. He was insistent that I test drove the car before I paid him.

On starting the car all exhaust type smells had gone and the rasping sound had gone on acceleration. Job well done.

Just to make everything even better, Rash had valleted my car inside and out, so not only did my car run brilliantly but it had the image to go with it. All this from a small private garage in Bradford run by a really nice guy.... main dealers read and learn!!!!

Fahad has been in touch all the way through, and text me on my way home to make sure all had gone well. Again cant say enough about him. Top top bloke.

So, if you have a problem with your car and need a good mechanic the get in touch with Fahad and ask to be put in touch with Rash, because you will not be disappointed.

That's really great feedback Colin,

Thanks for taking the time to do it.

I'm not surprised in all honesty by your comments, Fahad has a great network of friends who take a lot of pride in their work and Fahad just cannot help making sure everyone is at ease and well looked after. It's little instances like this that shows that there are still helpful people out there.

Colin - thanks for taking the time to post your feedback. I will let Rash know ;)

Glad you're happy and sorry I couldn't be there to meet you myself, I'm out of town a lot these days during the week days.

Happy motoring B)

Guys,

Just a quick one.

I'm noticing more and more members with cracked manifolds on their ICTDI that are outside the 7 year/125k Honda extended warranty.

I've had a chat with a trusted mechanic of mine in Bradford, and he is currently repairing one of these on a 2007 and as it was a taxi with over 160k on the clock, it was outside the warranty period. It's taking him a full day to remove, reweld (mig welder) and test before refitting.

As a favour to me, he is willing to offer our members (strictly by introduction through me) a fixed rate of £200 for the complete repair. You would of course need to bring the car up to Bradford and leave with him for a complete day.

If interested, drop me a PM and I'll faciliate the contact.

Cheers

Fahad

Hey Fahad,

I would like to take you up on the offer, my 2004 Accord CDti is sending whiffs of diesel fume into the ****pit. Can you introduce me to our mechanic, I'll happily bring the car up to Bradford for the day.

Man.

Good to hear people can and are willing to weld these.
Unfortunately mine has been removed but the cracks are internal (no 4 port) and it can't be welded! Trusted mechanic and is not fobbing me off.
Plenty of second hand units out there but are almost 200.00 quid, so I have taken the plunge and purchased a new kit from Honda for 302.00 quid, but with all the gaskets, studs etc.
hope to have back on the road in a couple of days.

PS: my car was 2 months over on the 7 year warranty (98k) both dealer and Honda, direct said no go for warranty :-(

Cheers,
Rob.

Hi Rob, I'm wondering how an internal crack (between ports?) caused a noticeable problem?

Sorry to hear you were knocked back by Honda. They seem a bit inconsistent.

Hi Rob, I'm wondering how an internal crack (between ports?) caused a noticeable problem?

Sorry to hear you were knocked back by Honda. They seem a bit inconsistent.

Hi Jon,

Just been and had a look at the old manifold. It is blowing around the usual weld seam but put it under a light and crack could be seen in the port.
He has given me the old unit as proof. Also 2 nuts snapped where it joins the tailpipe.
Looking at the original and nice new, cast unit, there is no comparison. Not sure of the labour yet, but for the sake of 200.00 quid, I can be safe in the knowledge I wont have further problems.
Do 14k a year and am taking the family to lake district at Xmas. Can't take any chances.

Honda made a fair comments that my car had no main dealer history since 2008 (when i bought it) so woudl not offer a concession.
I hate main dealers, so I am happy to stick with my local mechanic, who has good, honest knowledge and doesn't charge for a waiting area and cappucino coffee!!!

Cheers,
Rob.