What's new

8th Gen Lowering Springs

james2512

Members
Reaction score
Car
C220 AMG Sport Plus
Guys,

Has anyone attempted to fit lowering springs to an 8th gen??

Ive been trying to find a diy for the 7th gen as id like to see how much work is involved!!

Help?

I havnt seen anything sorry. What springs are you putting on? HH have an offer on some springs and dampers if you havnt bought anything yet. ;)

Genuine Honda Lowered Suspension Kit

Genuine honda accessory kit, complete with all spring and dampers

8th gen accord saloon petrol or diesel £ 460.00
( with free uk mainland delivery )

Don't think the 7th Gen kit will fit the 8th.

No dan is correct the 8th gen will be a differant set up and the deal HH has is for the 7th gen.

Cheers for the heads up....

I was looking at: 8th Gen Springs

Just trying to understand how much work this will take. I have done some in the past but not a car of this size...... would i have to compress the springs to get them off or remove the whole arm??

James I will have chat with HH to see what the scoop is with the 8th gen as I think it won't be long.

James I will have chat with HH to see what the scoop is with the 8th gen as I think it won't be long.

Brett, your a good man!

Brett, your a good man!

Springs are springs, nothing overly complicated in that. It can be a little daunting, especially on your pride and joy.

Is the rear suspension set up on the 8th really that much different from the 7th?

I was sold a set of 8th generation springs for my 7th and they went on the car no problem, only problem was they did not offer the correct ride height.

Spring diameter must be identical?

Springs are springs, nothing overly complicated in that. It can be a little daunting, especially on your pride and joy.

Is the rear suspension set up on the 8th really that much different from the 7th?

I was sold a set of 8th generation springs for my 7th and they went on the car no problem, only problem was they did not offer the correct ride height.

Spring diameter must be identical?

Thanks for the heads up Paul. Fairly happy to do the work, but as the car is my work companion if i get it wrong or it doesn't go back together im stuck in the mud. Electric's are more my thing.....

James HH has a limited offer on A spec suspension that will lower the car about 25mm.
Have a look in the affiliate section mate.

James HH has a limited offer on A spec suspension that will lower the car about 25mm.
Have a look in the affiliate section mate.

Cheers Brett,

dont know if this will interest you jame bud, bc racing do a full coilover kit for your car http://www.bc-racing.co.uk/c-bca26/honda-accord-cp-cs-08/

Funny that is I was looking at these today but my car is a CN 2

I might ring them as if I was going to get a set I would want the rear to go higher than stock.
This is because I tow having this would be great.
Also when I'm not just lower them to my spec.
Tell me bro can you change the height easly with them on the car and how long does it take

dont know if this will interest you jame bud, bc racing do a full coilover kit for your car http://www.bc-racing.co.uk/c-bca26/honda-accord-cp-cs-08/

hmmm these look good! good find

I might ring them as if I was going to get a set I would want the rear to go higher than stock.
This is because I tow having this would be great.
Also when I'm not just lower them to my spec.
Tell me bro can you change the height easly with them on the car and how long does it take
they pretty easy to set up or down bro :) thats the best thing about them,shouldnt take longer than 30-40 minutes to do all four bro,remember with bc-racing coilovers they can be set so low that the car will be undrive-able or they can be made stock height too,these unlike the tein system are deisgned to be slammed out if the owner likes,where as with the teins running them to low can pop up problems(suppose also depends on drivers habits too and how he treats them)bc-racing coilovers are now one of the leading in the market and iv got speaking to s few pro in the game who said their build quality is excellent....