What's new

8th gen product update - windscreen trims

richsprint

Members
Reaction score
Car
2.0 petrol Tourer
As some of you may have heard, there is a product update on 8th gen windscreen side trims. They become unglued and loose, especially at the top.

If you car qualifies, honda will fix for free.

Check here with your VIN

http://www.honda.co.uk/cars/owners/you-and-your-car/updates-and-recalls/

When I put my vin in it said car all clear for recalls so I ***umed any recal it should have had would have come up on a list?

I've taken it as if anything needed to be done it must have already been done

Only know what I was told when my car was in for its new brakes yesterday. Recall on windscreen side trims, think its only early 8th gens. Check on the website or with a dealer. Impne, your car is newer so probably not affected.

Are the windscreen side trims the plastic body colored bits on the sides of the windscreen?

Yes

Hi Yadash

Yes they are, my car comes up so will get it checked when MOT & service next month, will get them to check my creaking drivers seat as well. Hopefully get it sorted under warranty.

Hi Yadash

Yes they are, my car comes up so will get it checked when MOT & service next month, will get them to check my creaking drivers seat as well. Hopefully get it sorted under warranty.

Thank you! I'm getting some speaker trim rattle which will hopefully be sorted soon

I phoned my dealer and mentioned this recall, only to be told they would not proceed until I got my letter from honda. Even though my vin pops up on the website and suggests it qualifies!

Anyone had their letter through yet?

No sign of mine.

Mine are loose at the top of the trim. Might get my windscreen changed at the same time as its chipped to hell, just pay my excess.

Rich am I correct in thinking thus only effects 08 to 09 reg.
As mine is 2010 and are fine at the min

Had mine done 2 weeks ago no letter dealer told me when i had oil change by the way nearly as cheap to have oil changed with dealer than do your self if using the new recommended castol 0w-30

Yep 08 & 09 models only.

Yeah Dave, honda dealers can be quite reasonable for work.

Mines come up for recall on the trims goin to nip it in tomorrow as it's 5mins from my house see what they say

Hi guys

New to site but hope to spend a bit of time here :). Collected my '08 Accord Tourer 2.2 i-DTEC ES GT today and am on the whole very pleased apart from one or two minor things (very irritated at only one key so am pushing for them to pay for a spare) but I do have a question about this product recall. I put my VIN number into the checker yesterday and it came back positive but when I raised it today they were somewhat dismissive and said, "Oh yes it would have been done during the service". I asked for some documentation but they couldn't provide me with anything other than the claim form that they have just typed up today to send to Honda! So here they are saying they have done the work with no proof to me but are now submitting a claim to Honda?

What I would really love to know is what I need to look for to try and check for myself if this work has been done, please. Not going to let this lie if they are putting in a claim for work they haven't done.

Advice gratefully received :)

Welcome to the Forum. I'd check the car over, make sure and they should provide you with a job sheet. My Honda garage do for everything, warranty/recall or not.

Appreciate the reply. Could you direct me to what I am actually looking for on the windscreen though; is it the rubber seal that should have been replaced or something else? They couldn't provide any paperwork on it as they said it was done before I owned the car. I find their response very suspicious to be frank.

Welcome to the forum
The 2 painted garnish strips on the edges of the windscreen become lose at the top.
It's something to do with the glue when fitted I believe

Yep its the painted plastic side trims, that unclip if the windscreen has to be changed. As Brett says the clips at the top near the roof can become unglued. The recall, supplies new trims and glues all the clips back on properly.

Hi everyone. New to this forum but very useful from what I've seen so far. I bought a 58 plate 2.2dtec EX about 6 weeks ago and am over the moon with it (replacing my 54 plate of same spec - loved the car but it was bit long in the tooth with over 150,000 miles on clock). Anyway, I got in yesterday and noticed the drivers side windscreen trim was loose. I've not had opportunity to have a look at it yet due to the rain and wind as I was just planning to try to fix it myself. I've put the VIN into the search at the top of this thread but it comes back that car is ok and no recalls outstanding. I did not buy the car from a Honda dealership but within a week of purchase I booked it into Durham Honda for a full service so I had a bit piece of mind. Is it worth me going back to dealer or will they not entertain me with me not buying car from Honda? Thanks in advance for any advice.

Hi everyone. New to this forum but very useful from what I've seen so far. I bought a 58 plate 2.2dtec EX about 6 weeks ago and am over the moon with it (replacing my 54 plate of same spec - loved the car but it was bit long in the tooth with over 150,000 miles on clock). Anyway, I got in yesterday and noticed the drivers side windscreen trim was loose. I've not had opportunity to have a look at it yet due to the rain and wind as I was just planning to try to fix it myself. I've put the VIN into the search at the top of this thread but it comes back that car is ok and no recalls outstanding. I did not buy the car from a Honda dealership but within a week of purchase I booked it into Durham Honda for a full service so I had a bit piece of mind. Is it worth me going back to dealer or will they not entertain me with me not buying car from Honda? Thanks in advance for any advice.
john if its loose then Honda should do this free of charge :)

Quick update. Went to Durham Honda earlier and they are gonna change both sides under warranty. Thanks again for the advice.

Quick update. Went to Durham Honda earlier and they are gonna change both sides under warranty. Thanks again for the advice.
Great stuff

Just had my 2010 accord serviced today. When I picked it up the windscreen trims were covered in masking tape. The dealer informed me that they had done a recall on the trims and that I should leave the tape on until the same time tomorrow. Has anybody else's car come back with tape and instructions to leave it on for 24 hours after this recall?

Just had my 2010 accord serviced today. When I picked it up the windscreen trims were covered in masking tape. The dealer informed me that they had done a recall on the trims and that I should leave the tape on until the same time tomorrow. Has anybody else's car come back with tape and instructions to leave it on for 24 hours after this recall?
Phil how long was your car in the dealers ? As I'm sure the additive needs at least 6 hours to dry at room temperature

Car was there from 9am to 3.30pm, so 6.5 hours. Got drenched by rain on the way home though, so hope all is ok!

Car was there from 9am to 3.30pm, so 6.5 hours. Got drenched by rain on the way home though, so hope all is ok!
That should be ok then Phil but just keep the tape on for good measure :)

Could this post be attached to the previous one about the screen trim recall for good reference?

http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/topic/14996-8th-gen-product-update-windscreen-trims/

Could this post be attached to the previous one about the screen trim recall for good reference?

http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/topic/14996-8th-gen-product-update-windscreen-trims/
Topic merged