What's new

8th Gen Service Reminder Codes

shaun75 said:
My Honda dealers wants £85 + VAT to turn mine off think i'll stick to preeing the reset button.
All dealers should do this free of charge.Get in contact with honda UK and ask the question as I think there pulling a fast one

I tried that they told me they have no control over labour rates but the girl I spoke to just couldn't grasp that maybe its Honda UK that should pay the dealer for this service as its an unwanted feature on the car.

brett said:
Hear you go

Symbol Maintenance Items
A Replace engine oil and oil filter
B inspection service
2 Replace dust and pollen filter
Inspect drive belt
3 Replace transmission fluid
4 Replace fuel filter
Inspect idle speed
Replace spark plugs
5 Replace engine coolant
7 Replace brake fluid
8 Replace air cleaner element
9 Inspect valve clearance[/size
]
Thanks for the codes - great help. B)

On my Accord VIII 2.0 appeared now B8 code. It's set on 60000km. So I have to replace air cleaner only..? B- inspection service, 8 - replace air cleaner element.

Hi guys.

My Accord is now throwing out a reminder code of AB7, which i believe to be:

A- Replace engine oil
B- Inspection Service (whatever that is?)
7- Replace Brake Fluid

My question is, how do interval services get logged? If memory serves me right only major 12month services get logged in the log book.

Jack Sparrow said:
Hi guys.

My Accord is now throwing out a reminder code of AB7, which i believe to be:

A- Replace engine oil
B- Inspection Service (whatever that is?)
7- Replace Brake Fluid

My question is, how do interval services get logged? If memory serves me right only major 12month services get logged in the log book.
There is a separate page in the back of service book that applies to the service reminders

brett said:
Hear you go

Symbol Maintenance Items
A Replace engine oil and oil filter
B inspection service
2 Replace dust and pollen filter
Inspect drive belt
3 Replace transmission fluid
4 Replace fuel filter
Inspect idle speed
Replace spark plugs
5 Replace engine coolant
7 Replace brake fluid
8 Replace air cleaner element
9 Inspect valve clearance[/size
]
8 does mean air filter? yes?

taryfa said:
8 does mean air filter? yes?
Yes I change mine every 20,000 miles on its second oil change but it is used as a taxi i just reset the thing every time it gets to 3000 miles I'd hate to be a rep or company car guy with that thing flashing up from 3000 miles did Honda have to give so much notice to book your car in for a service lol.

Thanks. I had that number (8) on dashboard with 320 miles but i change to k&n filter and reset as brett show here.
Now I've got B with sun and moon and 320 (probably means days)

taryfa said:
Thanks. I had that number (8) on dashboard with 320 miles but i change to k&n filter and reset as brett show here.
Now I've got B with sun and moon and 320 (probably means days)
How did you get your K & N ? I asked them 18 months ago & they had no plans to make one so K&N it is then.
I used them back in the late 80's in a fleet of Mercedes trucks doing 100,000 miles a year.

Hi Guys

My Accord had a A238 service in December last year approx 75k miles, and about a month ago had a B5 service at about 80k miles. It is now showing about 12,000 mile to next service. My question is do the A & B countdown run independently of each other? as I have done about 5k miles since the A238 service so that should be down to about 6k mile to next A service, but the service minder is showing about 12k to next service. Confused!

John.