What's new

8th Gen windscreen wipers

vile

T A Terminator
Staff member
Reaction score
Car
8th gen 2.4 Manual
So how are your windscreen wipers performance?
Iv gone through 2 sets now of genuin honda wipers and both times the drivers side one has started to smear after 1 month.
The 7th gen wipers IMO are much better than the 8th gen ones.
So I had a tip from Stu (Honda Man) to try euro parts as they sell Denso wipers.
Wow Iv had these on now for 4 months and are so much better.So if your having trouble with your blades try these.

http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/Honda_Accord_2.4_2010/p/car-parts/car-service-parts/regular-service/wiper-blades/?485778226&1&b91c4f7b2d9153307b4769dcba9237e0a59dcc1b&000604
http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/Honda_Accord_2.4_2010/p/car-parts/car-service-parts/regular-service/wiper-blades/?485778246&1&a80313ceb9efc4a566c546015e4002cdfec744e1&000604

Just check that the size is the same as mine.

Funny you should say that Brett....I changed mine for genuine Honda when I bought the car in Oct 2012, and yes the drivers side began smearing fairly quickly, looking at the rubber it gone all thin and stretchy about 6 inches in from the end, giving a smear in the drivers vision. I've only done about 8k miles with them, so not too durable. Passenger side is ok ish still.

Going to change them when I service next month. Cheers for the tip, the Denso ones look elegant and flush like the Honda ones, some of the aftermarket ones have massive adapters that look a mess when on.

So far mate there great.
Stu said his were still going strong after 2 years

Just ordered those Denso wipers from ECP, so I'll see how well they last. Mann pollen filter for £11 also, good price, Honda one is £15.

Also being Denso there made in Japan like most conponanents on our cars

Just fitted my Denso wipers, very impressed, same sleek design as the Honda ones, hopefully more durable though....I'll let you know.

For info, the Honda OEM ones are made by Mitsuba.

Good feedback Rich and hopefully they will serve you as well as mine are.

Bother I've just bought my third drivers side in a year, on second passenger

Definatley going to by these in a few months when no doubt they go off again, great tip

It's a shame as the OEM ones on the 7th fen was great.
But the 8th gen ones are terrible.

I found my oem wipers to be crap too so I did some research and found the bosch twin aero to be the best performing ones so I have them fitted now. The trouble is they visually look rubish compared to oem. Ill give the Denso ones a try next I think.

Just fitted the Denso ones as above. The OEM ones only lasted about 4 months (approx 3k miles), passenger one not too bad but the drivers one very smeary. I've cleaned, glass polished and even clayed but to no avail, will just have to wait and see how long these last.

Had my Denso ones for 2 months now, no smearing, so all good.

Yep mine still good as well.

Hi, I'm about to change my blades as well, was thinking about bosch aerotwin, might try this denso, the only confusion for me is the blades size sa they show different everywhere, my car is 2009 saloon 2.0 petrol, and driver size always shows as 24", but passenger once they say is 21" and once they claim is 22" so which one is right? Cheers.

artex1981 said:
Hi, I'm about to change my blades as well, was thinking about bosch aerotwin, might try this denso, the only confusion for me is the blades size sa they show different everywhere, my car is 2009 saloon 2.0 petrol, and driver size always shows as 24", but passenger once they say is 21" and once they claim is 22" so which one is right? Cheers.
Easy solution is mesure your existing blades

Drivers is 24" passenger 22".

Those eurocarparts links Brett put in the first post are correct.
Also if you type your reg number in eurocarparts and browse to the wipers section it will show the correct Denso ones also.