What's new

ABS light came on dash board this morning!

Mr CL7

Members
Reaction score
Car
2.0 petrol CL7
Hello folks,

Wierd one really. I was driving to work this morning and my ABS light just appeared on the dash? This has never happened before. I parked up at work turned the ignition off and on again and it has disappeared. I did check the ABS fuses and they are fine.

What could be the reason for this?

Cheers

Faz

Its most likely the ABS wheel sensor (NSR), if it comes back get the fault code read. Mine was on/off for a few weeks then it stayed on all the time, also check brake fluid level is ok.

Its most likely the ABS wheel sensor (NSR), if it comes back get the fault code read. Mine was on/off for a few weeks then it stayed on all the time, also check brake fluid level is ok.

How did you resolve the issue then salim? My break fluid level is fine last time I checked it.

New sensor, if thats what it is. Search the forum Faz its a common fault.

as Sal said Faz it's very common there is a DIY I believe from Fahad.

Even though the light has gone, the fault will be retained in the DTC so you can still retrieve it to find out which wheel it was. You either need someone with a Honda HDS system or any decent Snapon type aftermarket diagnostics machine. Normal code readers will not work for ABS DTC's.

I'm wondering why they fail, it might be worth taking the hub off and cleaning the sensor as when I changed the hub I noticed a little amount of white residue on the sensor.

I think its water getting inside the rear hub which is why its nearly always the rears that fail.

You can use a multimeter to compare resistance values... the odd one out is the culprit...

Thats funny I was just looking at a fluke meter today :)