What's new

ABS light on, unless ODB plugged in

john_d

Members
Reaction score
Car
Saab 9-5 Aero
to start off with i have checked any of the sensors or anything, but, the ABS light comes on on the wifes car, if i turn the ignition off and plug the odb on then turn the ignition on the light goes off,remove the obd and it comes on,what could possibly make this happen?

many thanks

john

Perhaps there is a reset button on the OBD somewhere that is resetting teh fault code?

Can you actually go in and read the codes? The ECU stores historical codes too so you can find out if you have an actual ABS issue soemwhere, probably the sensors.

john_d I had practically the same symptoms. No error codes, sensors OK etc. After reading this topic: http://www.ericthecarguy.com/mobile-forum/8-Service-and-Repair-Questions-Answered-Here/48859-abs-does-not-work-on-1999-accord?limitstart=0, and a few pages from the Honda Service manual I've managed to determine that my ABS Modulator was faulty. I got one second hand, installed it whitin an hour and my troubles were over :)

You should check the Honda ESM (Service Manual) --> Brakes Section --> Troubleshooting --> ABS Indicator Light Does Not Go Off (No DTC) (Section 19-B-16). I've concluded the faulty ***embly with the last step. Connecting a jumper wire between ABS Connector terminals 19 and 20. I suggest you'd follow the troubleshooting scheme to ***ure no other wires are faulty.