What's new

ABS sensor from USA

rjw75

Reaction score
Car
Accord 2.4 Type-S
Hi Guys, new to this so sorry if this has been covered.

I've got a 2004 2.4 Type-S that has a rear left ABS sensor fault giving dash warning lights. This has been verified by an ECU reader. Honda Norwich want £130 + VAT for a genuine part, plus labour. Ouch.

After some searching I have found parts on US websites for a fraction of the cost (approx £15-£20 plus shipping). Will these be compatible?? They said they were for 2004 2.4 accords.

the US accord is a totally different car. the US equivalent is the Acura TSX.

Phone Holdcroft they'd probably be your cheapest bet if you want a genuine one. Or you could try sourcing a second hand one from a breakers in the UK.

Source one from an Acura TSX, they work perfect (I used one on mine).

I bought one rear right orginal TSX abs sensor when I went to las vegas last summer.

light does come on from time to time but I suspect that´s because I didn´t get all the sensor pieces out when I drilled out the old one?

Parv off of here used a pattern part from the states, he picked one up when he was over for work. I think it cost him about £30 and he fitted it himself. He's not had a problem since as i still see him every now and again. But make sure its definitely for a CL9 Acura TSX as the USDM Accord is a different model from ours