What's new

ABS, VSA, Exclamation lights turned on- please help in identifying fault codes

pegaz666

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord ICDTI
Hi guys,
I've been driving that car for 7months so far and I've never seen that before, it's an accord 7th 2004 icdti with 125k miles on the clocks. Yesterday i drove 100 miles to pick someone up from the airport so mainly motorway ~70mph, than I've entered the city so obviously slow down to 30 (not sure if that matters but someone said he has to drive over 70 to get these lights on) and then just 1 mile before my house those tree lights turned on on a straight road without any humps before. I drove a bit with those lights on , then stopped , switched off and than turn back on the ignition and they were gone. Today I've started a car , drove couple of hundreds yards and they were not on anymore. Shall i start worry? After my short research it maybe a fault with ABS sensors. I did that paper clip trick on ODB II connector to read ABS fault codes and this is what I've got:
15 , 61, 62, 86, 91,

not sure what they mean apart from nr 15- RR sensor, but please could someone help me in identifying all of them with some description? ELM 127 bluetooth ODB reader did not show any faults... Thanks in advance

Hi Michal,

You need a diagnostic that can read your abs module.

Drop me a line if you need my services, I'm in london this week a few days.

Okay i will answer myself as i've fixed the problem already and it may help the others...
Faults 61, 62, 86, 91 are non important 61/62 has something to do with the battery as my one went flat a couple of times in the past - already bought brand new one. Error 86/91 has something to do with VSA - probably power related as well- but it's not really a fault and i wouldn't bother about that. In my case crucial was fault no. 15 which is rear right sensor issue. After erasing all the abs errors (paper clip trick) i was driving a bit to catch the most recent ones again . 15 reappeard so i was almost sure that was my issue. Bought a sensor for £14.99 shipped had it 2 days later. I decided to remove the hub as all the ***** from the drilling will stay inside - hoover will not be able to suck it out, no way. In my case repair took 5 hours and was a bit of a nightmare due to s****ty tools i had. The biggest problem i had with the bottom screw of a calliper, you will not reach her with a spanner , you need a socket on an extension bar and really tough rachet (broke 2 dodgy ones trying undo that bolt)+hammer, all the rest of the bolts were quite straight forward - spanner + hammer did the job. Another pain that i had was to drill out the old sensor- it's made of plastic + there is someting hard inside like a meterial that fuses are made of. My drill was to big and i was going under funny angles therfore i had to disassemble some of the wheel sorrounding in order to gain precious centimeters to be able to drill straigh. I've cleaned all the sandy dust , reassembled everything. Reseted abs error again + did VSA calibration and BUM it's all working great !!!
PS. I'd recommend to remove the hub just to be able remove all the bits from the old sensor.

Hi Michael,

Good job! I have same lights (ABS & VSA) pop up few days ago and staying on. Do you know where did you get the sensor from, seems really good price and also if you can explain a little about getting ABS codes using paper clip. Cheers.