What's new

AC temperature information on main display? Dual zone CC

MrNotEnglish

Members
Reaction score
Car
2.4 i-vtec Ex Auto
Hello, is it possible to have AC temperature shown on main display on PSS with sat nav? I mean instead of that shown on small black and white display at the top of dashboard? I want to remove top display to install aftermarket sat nav but wondering if I'll keep temp information? If not I'll have to replace headunit with PSS without sat nav. Actually it does not show it on main screen. Does anyone know is it going to change if I unplug top display?
Thanks

If you mean the top display it can be removed by using a large flat spatula or a burger flipper and the top of the dash will just pop off.

The top panel pops up over complete with the vents but insert your burger flipper between the left and right hand sides. The dash next to it is quite soft but pops back in to shape.

Thanks for the info but tried the above no movement at all, afraid of going too hard in case I crack the casing, no obsructions felt on the burger flipper, Could be it had been out before I got the car and replaced with super glue??

If you search for the guide on here for fitting xcarlink there are full pics of taking the dash apart but the top does come off easy once you know what to do. It just locates on about 4 lugs

Thanks Dave I got it off, all looks ok but still intermitant, if I thump the lower dash glove box side it comes back on again, is there a connecting block in that vicinity??