What's new

AC04 - Unknown fault code

4kinSquirrels

Reaction score
Car
Honda accord 2.2 ict
Just been cruising down the motorway on a steady 15 Mile run, only the last mile the EML came in and the car went into limp mode, wouldn't go past 2k revs.

I've got breakdown included with insurance so thought may all use it to get a read on the fault codes, but when he checked them out only came back with "AC04 - UNKNOWN" so no idea what the hell it's related to.

Asked him to wipe the faults for me, hopefully if it does act up again it gives me more to deal with.

I only found one other post in here relating to the AC04 code, but they had 2 electrical P faults and another unknown fault. Theirs related to the ERG and IMRC circuits.

Since he wiped the code back to normal, revs, pulling, sounds great as it did before EML came on, just haven't got a clue where it came from.

It's a 2.2ictdi 2006 Accord facelift

I think that’s a generic code relating to an electrical malfunction. Ideally it needs scanning with a Honda system, but if he’s wiped the dtc memory then you’ll need to wait till the issue occurs again.

I’m seeing a lot of cases of cars throwing up errors after a long stint doing nothing during the lockdown. Are there any other symptoms? Lack of power, flat spot or smoking? Could be an underlying Egr issue possibly.

That's the thing is been getting a daily use, I getting shopping for a couple of family members as they were shielding, so it hasn't been sat there. I do maybe 20 - 30 miles a day and a mix of motorway and urban, the secondary cat has already been deleted but unsure as to whether it's been mapped out or if the cars been mapped at all, I'm going to have to try it booked in for a full diagnostic.

I've had no other issues, no smoke, pulls smoothly, just gotten new front pads and discs last week and tyre rotation and replace the day after.

I did have someone scrape the front of the car, really didn't do hardly any damage on the surface of mine, but it did sever the drivers side headlight washer nozzle out of the hole. To be honest I should have clamped the hose. Didn't want to claim on the insurance as damage is minimal and we both agreed to pay our own that was in Oct . Can't see that causing an issue though, then again I'm no expert.

Has since passed mot in February, tester said it was all fine, I did point it out and asked him to check it over. Still trying to get a replacement part for that, and get paint sorted

Think I'll also spray some Wynn's into the air intake to either clean/loosen anything in the EGR system. Give that a clean and new gaskets, because, why not. Reading a bit about fuelling system too, but with the lack of any smoke I'm not too sure

I wouldn’t worry too much for now then and wait till it happens again.

Got to the bottom of this, turns out the cover over the air intake had come off and when it was gulping in air the suction stuck the cover over the intake and strangled the engine. Happened again only this time a fault code for turbo boost came up.

Hopefully that’s solved now. Thanks for circling back.