What's new

Accord 2.2 iCDTi Crankshaft Pulley

David1701

Members
Reaction score
Car
‘06 Civic 2.2 iCDti
Hi, wondering if anyone can help pls, my 2004 Accord 2.2 diesel iCDTi is sounding noisey, at first it was thought it was the timing chain, but my mechanic is sure its the crankshaft pulley, he can move it, he said its of a metal-rubber-metal construction, he's found out its a Honda only part, about £300 ish, has anyone had the same problem and sourced a part cheaper from anywhere else ?
any help will be great, thanks

I've seen this before. Get a second hand one.

Slip the belt off and run the engine to see if the noise disappears

Hi Fahad,
Adam, my mechanic did that, he said maybe a slight vibration from timing chain, but that could be from pulley, def most noise from pulley, I've been told maybe some pulleys on e-bay, are they ok?

Yes they'll be fine David.. Make sure it's the right one for your engine obviously

Yep so you need a pulley for the N22a1 engine, although i believe the N22a2 will have the same one.

Pulley now fitted, it was the right one, but...
The noise is still there, so it is the timing chain, or chains as my mechanic Adam says, he says it looks like it has a separate chain for the oil pump ?

So, I'm afraid it's going to be to expensive for me to repair, so I've decided to sell while it's still drivable, MOT is due in August, Adam has said it'll get through ok, so I'll get something else, MOT the Accord, and put it up for sale, shame, because it is a nice car, I've enjoyed driving it, it's really a shame that Honda make this repair so expensive, Cam belts, although they didn't last as long, seem a better overall option,
So, if anyone is interested, please make me an offer !

freddofrog said:
How many miles has it done ?
a808eb178a2d095d0223407c704db3bb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2004, 130k, and it looks ok too, definitely worth someone having it and replacing the chains.

Not for me though -- unless you'll take £500 from me LOL

Brian, thanks, thats a good opening offer, may end up taking something near that, need to get something else first, its had all new brakes, tyres n a battery in last two years that i can remember.

Thanks Brian, thought it might be from the prices I've heard, I'll defo keep you in mind, your handy as well, not able to start looking till weekend, I'll miss the heated black leather seats n parking sensors as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk