What's new

Accord 2009 2.2 turbo

diegovolpi

Reaction score
Car
Accord 2009 EX 2.2
Hi guys

I tried to find one query about replacing the standard turbo (EX 150hp), for another better model, I know can e fitted by the Type S, just want to see if is possible to put one more powerful, anyone know who maybe can help?

I have one standard EX version, Im planing to remap, change the turbo and the intercooler, happy to receive any feedback of projects and ideas too :)

Thanks

Pretty sure you can fit on the type s turbo and intercooler however im certain the type s has different injectors and i think the head might be different and would need the ecu map.

If just doing the turbo and intercooler it still would definitely need mapped for it see Fahad for that.

It's trying to get a hold of a turbo that's defo out of a type s as I've heard that the part number on it is the same but the internals are different. However these are the part numbers pulled from the Honda parts catalogue

18900-RL0-G01 Turbo in you car
18900-RL1-G01 Turbo Type S

You'll also need the different pipework for the intercooler

That pretty much covers it all although I don’t believe they have different injectors. They do however have a different clutch setup.

unless you can absolutely be certain your parts are coming from a know Type S (unless you’re fitting expensive brand new genuine Honda) you’re going to struggle to get all the parts together in all honesty.