What's new

Accord CDTI won't start after cleaning EGR value!

robert.grigsby

Reaction score
Car
2007 Honda Accord
Hi All,

Looking for some advice, I've cleaned the EGR valve on my 2007 Accord CDTi this morning, replace the gaskets and everything went back on without any problems.

Unfortunately, the car won't start, the engine is turning over but not even attempting to fire (it did briefly try to fire at the first attempt). I've plug in an OBD reader and I'm seeing P0008 and P000C which don't really make any sense as I haven't touched anything other than the EGR value.

Any suggestions as to what to try next?

OK problem solved, bit more research and I found an article on another site that talked about holding the throttle open and letting the car crank for 10-15 seconds, it turns out that worked so everything is good.

You probably pushed a load of gunk into the intake which is throwing its air to fuel balance off. You can’t really clean these, if you’re having issues then suggest an egr off solution. Drop me a line if you need help on that.

You probably pushed a load of gunk into the intake which is throwing its air to fuel balance off. You can’t really clean these, if you’re having issues then suggest an egr off solution. Drop me a line if you need help on that.

Highly recommended !!!!