What's new

Accord Full LED Conversion - Bulb Guide - Courtesy of www.HorizonLEDs.co.uk

Cheers for the info in this. Order has been raised to overhaul my interior lighting!

Hi, some of the bulbs like T20/7440/3156 CREE LED 50W didn't state as a pair, is that really £19.95 for a single bulb?
Sorry but I think this price would be too steep then :(

Do I need to drill a hole at the front fog light cover for wiring if I go for the H11 HID kit?

Osiris said:
Cheers for the info in this. Order has been raised to overhaul my interior lighting!
Thank you for your order Tom. We will keep you updated via email :)

AndyHK said:
Hi, some of the bulbs like T20/7440/3156 CREE LED 50W didn't state as a pair, is that really £19.95 for a single bulb?
Sorry but I think this price would be too steep then :(

Do I need to drill a hole at the front fog light cover for wiring if I go for the H11 HID kit?
Hi Andy,

Thats right the website does mention that all CREE LEDs are sold in singles due to some people only wanting one for their reverse light/fog light as every car is different.

As for the pricing, this I'm afraid is the going rate for CREE LED bulbs, they are the future of LED now and a new technology. I can confidently say that we are one of the cheapest on the net - without compromising on quality.

Although when you do purchase more than one CREE LED bulb you automatically qualify for a discount in the basket.

AndyHK said:
Any link for the resistors?
Here is the link for the resistors: -

http://www.horizonleds.co.uk/led-resistor-kits

Thanks

Sorry I missed this Andy RE: your H11 Fog HID Conversion - no you will not have to drill any holes as the HID bulb has a H11 fitting, so its a matter of taking your old bulbs out (twist) and in goes the HID bulb, and then its a matter of connecting it to your ballast and fog light connector wiring block.

May I ask exactly what model of Accord you have so I can be sure that these will fit a HID kit... as the pre facelift diesel Accord's did have a rather small fog lamp unit.

J4JAV said:
Sorry I missed this Andy RE: your H11 Fog HID Conversion - no you will not have to drill any holes as the HID bulb has a H11 fitting, so its a matter of taking your old bulbs out (twist) and in goes the HID bulb, and then its a matter of connecting it to your ballast and fog light connector wiring block.

May I ask exactly what model of Accord you have so I can be sure that these will fit a HID kit... as the pre facelift diesel Accord's did have a rather small fog lamp unit.
I've 06 facelift one.

I used to have mk 5 Astra, needed to make a small hole on the light bulb holder covers (of you desire) for the penetration of the wiring and bulbs if you want to install the hid kit nicely.
Some people did remove the covers, but the bulbs got damaged by moisture, that's why I need to know if I need to modify the bulb covers

Hi Andy, if you have an 06 then for the HID kit to be fitted in your fog lights then NO Cutting of Holes, for the HID kit to be fitted in your headlamp (dipped beam) then YES Cutting of Holes, this can be either in the back of the housing on the bulb cover panel, or you can go for a more subtle OEM fit by taking off the bumper and drilling under the headlights where the OEM factory fitted Xenons fit as there is already a template on there for drilling the holes for OEM wiring - thats what I have done and been perfect for the last 5 years now.

So just to confirm - fog lights you will need H11 and dipped beam you will need H1 either 35W/55W is better than your factory fit halogens. It is also possible to buy both kits and convert them both to Xenon, I have done this and would never go back to halogens. Don't forget the LED sidelights and number plate lights to finish off the conversion ;-)

Hope that helps

My Astra had this combination, so the Accord will have the same for certain lol.

Just one more question, my car has a DVD screen which installed behind the sunroof, it has 2 lights as well, what bulb should I use then?

BTW, I couldn't found the glove box light, where does it locate?

Is this a OEM Honda DVD screen? You may need to open these up and try and get the current bulbs out and post a picture of them on here so I can see them.

The glove box light is on the top of the glove box. If you open it and release the lever on the left hand side it will give you more access then you should be able to look up into the glove box and locate the bulb. Might be worth turning on your sidelights so you can see the bulb as it lights up with the sidelights ;-)

It is the factory fitted DVD screen for the rear passengers, I might just leave it alone, in case I break it lol.
The bulb of the glove box must be blown, that's why I couldn't found it.
But thanks for the info, will place the order tonight

No problem Andy, email me at - Forums@HorizonLEDs.co.uk for the discount code...

Thanks

Just out of interest. I remembered some of the manufacturers use LED bulbs for the main beam, is that possible on the Accord? Is there any different compare to the halogen bulbs?

Hi mate just thought I'd ask as I may be buying from you in the future.

I have changed my sidelight bulbs to LEDs, although the first set I got off eBay were too blue. I ordered a larger set with more smds and fitted them the other day. When they were on they were 100% white, but after putting them in the sidelight housing they seem to have a blue tinge to them, almost xenon coloured.

I know the facelift lights have blue housings but mine is a pre. Could it be because my car is Arctic blue? The LEDs I have tried have ranged from pure white to other such names but all end up with the hint of blue. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Cheers!

PIC:

IMG_20140302_190510.jpg

Hi Andy,

I have got your order through. I need to check it all and make sure you have ordered the correct things... just to confirm this order is all for your Accord right?

Cheers

J4JAV said:
Hi Andy,

I have got your order through. I need to check it all and make sure you have ordered the correct things... just to confirm this order is all for your Accord right?

Cheers
Hi Jav, yes all the items are for my 06 Accord. I also left you a note about resisters, because the website didn't say which watt should be use for front and back indicators
Cheers

Yes got your note buddy, I will send you an email this evening mate.

Cheers

Hi, I want to track my order but can't find the link on your website, is there one or am I being a numpty?
Cheers
Neil

Stevie91 said:
Hi mate just thought I'd ask as I may be buying from you in the future.

I have changed my sidelight bulbs to LEDs, although the first set I got off eBay were too blue. I ordered a larger set with more smds and fitted them the other day. When they were on they were 100% white, but after putting them in the sidelight housing they seem to have a blue tinge to them, almost xenon coloured.

I know the facelift lights have blue housings but mine is a pre. Could it be because my car is Arctic blue? The LEDs I have tried have ranged from pure white to other such names but all end up with the hint of blue. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Cheers!

PIC:

IMG_20140302_190510.jpg

Hi sorry it seems like I have missed this!!! I do have a product coming in at some point this week and I will test it out on my car and let you know the results.

Cheers

Hi, yes we will be. Thought we are having problems sourcing the LED headlamps kits for the Accord. The Accord has a very snug fit H1 socket that will not accept any other bulb apart from a halogen H1. The opening of the bulb is absolutely tiny and even the H1 halogen touches as you put the bulb in and all the LED ones are much thicker and won't go into the Honda's, though they fit other manufacturers...

Hello Everyone,

We have some good news, all our CREE LED products are now in stock! We have tested them in Fog Lights, as well as main/high/flash beam and the results are very impressive indeed!

Our 10% off still applies to all members on this forum across our entire range of products.

If you have any questions about our CREE LEDs then drop us a PM or send us an email.

Regards,

Horizon LEDs

P.S. those who have already ordered from us, your CREE LEDs have been shipped and will be with you next week.

Hi All,

Just to promote our CREE LED Fog Lights which are now in stock. Not only are CREE LEDs for Fog Lights, we even stock Brake Lights, Reverse Lights and Indicators all in the CREE LED range. We have a massive range of them, just check out our website.

Although the VW below is not a Honda lol, its the only car I could get done in time so we will have to start the thread with a little showcase on what they look like when fitted, of course pictures don't do enough justice, as these are just immense in real life!

As always, any questions just email or PM us and one of us will get back to you.

Comparison Between Halogen & CREE LED Fog Lights

Close Up of Standard Halogen Bulbs

Close Up of 50W CREE LED Fog Bulbs

Comparison of Standard Halogen Main Beam & CREE LED Main Beam Bulbs

Dipped Beam Xenon HID Kit (Anti-Glare) and CREE LED Main Beam

Thanks,

Horizon LEDs