What's new

Accord iDTEC - Couple of Questions

Green Hornet

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord iDTEC
Just picked up my new (to me) '08 Accord iDTEC and must say that I'm very happy with it. Big, big improvement over the last model. I had a CDTi Executive prior to this.

I have the car for a couple of weeks now and on rough roads I hear a clicking or cracking sound around the windscreen on the drivers side. Tried everything to isolate where it's coming from but can't find it. I think it might be a clip or something in the pillar low down.

Another minor thing is a 'clicking' in the clutch pedal. Kinda like a spring or something.

Finally, just a comment about a whine in the rear. Kinda like a wheel bearing but I suspect it's just road noise as I've seen a few posts on it.

I'll bring it back to the dealer to get these things sorted. I love the car though. Mine is the ES GT and the handling is far superior to the CDTi Exec which I had - if a little crashier on bad roads.

Anyway, are the above issues common to other Accords or just characteristic of mine?

The clutch will likely be this. It's a 1 minute job and well worth it. But no harm in getting your dealer to take care of it.

I test drove a 2.2 DTEC ES GT and it was indeed a lovely ride. Still prefer the petrol, but as an all round package, the drive was superb. The chassis felt sporty but not too hard. Great car.

The clicking clutch peddle is probably the same as in the 7th gen.
There is a fix in the 7th gen section for this.
The whine from the rear might be uneven tread on the tyrers probably on the inside.
The clicking might be your door card

Thanks Brett. I used to have a Civic back in 2006 and had the master cylinder replaced under warranty back then. They should have sorted this issue long ago.....

I haven't heard of many issues of the clutch click in the 8th gen as yet.
But this does sound very siimaler to the 7th gen.
If your car has a warrenty get them to sort it that's what warrentys are for lol

I can be a pain in the *** and they laugh when they see me coming. I always get all these little things sorted under warranty and my dealer is excellent thankfully.