What's new

Accord Mileage Database

Model/Spec: 7th Gen Accord tourer 2.4 auto
Year: 2003
Mileage: 94000 Miles

How long owned: 3 weeks (approx)
Problems you've had: Some issues need to be fixed, sat nav, tailgate, Heater climate..., bushes roll bar...

Model/Spec: Accord Sedan LX, US, 2.2 vtec, auto
Year: 1994
Mileage: 76000 Miles

How long owned: 4 years (approx)
Problems you've had: None

Model/Spec: k24a3 exec
Year: 2006
Mileage: 113,000

How long owned: 2 years,since 63k (yes i do heavy driving every day)

Problems:
-weird grinding noise pulling off in 1st dont know what it is happens often?
- stone caught betwen break plate and disk

other then that no issue

Have replaced, both pairs of disks, tires, break pads. Service every year or 25k miles (which ever comes first.) So pollen & air filters, oil.

the lag between 3k - 5.6k rpm.... los of a point and that weird shunting grindy noise on pull off

Overall marks: 9/10.

Model/Spec:ictdi tourer
Year:2005
Mileage:12000

How long owned:4and half years
Problems you've had:rear wiper doesn't work, 2 new batteries, compliance bushes need doing as it pulls left. Rear anti roll bar bushes. Do my own servicing and minor repairs.

Overall marks (/10):8/10 still love this car so comfortable and practical and realible. Really hasn't cost me much to maintain always sails through mot's

Model/Spec : ictdi exec
Year : 2005
Mileage: 85000 (50000 when purchased)
How long owned: 5 years

Problems you've had: Egr valve replaced at 50000
Clutch master cylinder at 54000
Awaiting manifold replacement at 85000.
All of the above have been covered by either a Honda used car warranty or Honda goodwill.

Has had 5 services at my local dealer during my ownership, all pretty straightforward with rear pads being replaced at 76k the only other additional item. Also upgraded the 16 inch wheels to 17 inch Penta's which came with fairly new Michelin tyres.

Overall marks: 9/10 : the best car I've owned! Has been cheap to run , comfortable and never let me down. Everyone who has been a passenger or had a drive of it always comments how smooth , quiet and nice it is to drive!

Model/Spec: accord 2l se executive
Year:1999
Mileage: 96k

How long owned: 2 weeks
Problems you've had: not enough power

Overall marks (/10): 8/10

Model/Spec: 6th Gen 1.8 Sport
Year: 2002
Milage: 140,000, owned since 105,000

How Long Owned: 5 years
Problems you've had: replaced clutch at 105,000. Alternator, battery, front wheel bearing, back box and brake lines all replaced. I don't mind as she's 13 years old now.

Overall marks (/10): 9:10 - I get a lot of road noise, would like a tank of fuel to last longer, and the paint is far too soft. I'm being picky here but I find the turning circle quite large. Overall though, I love my Accord.

sciroccopt said:

Model/Spec: 2.2ictdi executive

Year: 2004

Mileage: 413k kms/ 256K miles

How long owned: 42 months (bought with 118K miles)

Problems you've had since I bought it:

1 AC bearing replaced

2 Auto boot closing failure

3 Craked manifold

4 Turbo failure

5 EGR valve malfunctioning

The rest was standard maintenance, original shock absorvers and cluntch !!!

This is the 3rd accord that I have, always bought used and drive them till engine failure, the previus ones were petrol 2.0 of the two previous generations, I do the maintenance myself always with the goal of spend less money possible, as example I always used 5W30 because I can't get cheap 0W30 oil.

Overall marks (/10): Comparing with previous experiences, is 9/10, mainly because of the boot closing system

Model/Spec: V6 Coupe Gold Pack
Year:1999
Mileage:99500

How long owned: couple of days :D

Problems you've had: - broken drivers seat :( , not knowing what the hell most of it does , fuel economy

Overall marks (/10): 10 this may change as it makes my renault look as bad as it is

Model/Spec: ACCORD EXEC man 2.4
Mileage: 116,800

How long owned: 2 years
Problems you've had: none really but i have changed things in due care

- clutch
- water pump, fan belt (serpan belt)
- new breaks disks and tires like normal.
- oil changed every 10k

sciroccopt said:

Mileage: 440k kms/ 275K miles

How long owned: 47 months (bought with 118K miles)

1 AC bearing replaced
3 Craked manifold
4 Turbo failure

This is the 3rd accord that I have, always bought used and drive them till engine failure, the previus ones were petrol 2.0 of the two previous generations, I do the maintenance myself always with the goal of spend less money possible, as example I always used 5W30 because I can't get cheap 0W30 oil.

Overall marks (/10): Comparing with previous experiences, is 9/10, mainly because of the boot closing system

Gen 6 Honda Accord Saloon - 2l VTEC Auto box.2000 car with 52000 miles.

Problems so far: Me. We bought this ridiculously cheap, and now I can't help but look at the tiny niggles and want to bring this car back to mint - some tiny bits of bodywork, wheels are the main things.

Overall marks /10 - a 9 - and only gets a 9 because it's going to take a couple of days to clean it properly.

Model/Spec:
6th Gen 1.8 Vtec Sport (manual / hatchback)
Year:
Mileage:
Just turned 80,000
How long owned:
Since Aug 2015 (bought with 72,000)
Problems you've had:
Had a slight knock from the rear when I bought it, pair of new anti roll links sorted that.
Had vibration through the cabin when travelling at speed during my initial test drive, new tyres sorted that.
Overall marks (/10):
10/10

I love driving her! I use her everyday to go to work and back which is a 45 miles round trip and she never misses a beat.
My Mrs has a Peugeot 208 1.2vti which is our eco car, you know £20 to tax and 60MPG etc, so I explained to her that its essential that we balance it out with an older, thirstier car that I can tinker with! The Accord has proved to be extremely reliable, dependable and to be fair to the old girl not to bad on fuel. I return 42 MPG.

The old tank was very well looked after by the one previous owner. She came with full Honda history, 72k, new tyres and a full years MOT the list goes on, but regardless of this, the dealer I bought it off just wanted rid, she was P/x to clear, sat right at the back of the yard all alone, £1200. I had a much higher budget but I just fell in love with it! The car was spotlessly clean inside, never been smoked in, no serious marks on the body, just polish-able scratches. I was so chuffed and still am.

I would recommend one to anyone!

sciroccopt said:

Mileage: 413k kms/ 256K miles

How long owned: 42 months (bought with 118K miles)

1 AC bearing replaced

3 Craked manifold

4 Turbo failure

Hi, 293k miles, 470k kms, no malfunctions

Model/Spec: 7th Gen Accord tourer 2.2 diesel
Year: 2005
Mileage: 115,000
How long owned: 13 months
Problems you've had: had to replace manifold at own cost, alternator replaced.
Overall marks (/10): 8 - it is a car that ticks all the boxes in my head, but none with my heart. Not quick enough or good enough handling.

2006 (pre facelift) 2.4 type s blue pearl

Owned for just over a year

Mileage at sale 69k current 71229 paid 2 grand for it

Replaced all discs/ pads
Full engine service
Two wheel bearings
Front lower arms
Rear arm bushes
Four new tyres
Stereo head unit replaced for oem
Speakers upgraded
Alignment done twice
Valve clearances done recently
Prob some other stuff that I've forgotten

Problems
Still drives like an absolute bag of poo can't be bothered to find out why anymore

Been advised by fahad that the pressure plate is on its way out as the bite is low and the car occasionally groans pulling from a standstill

Covered in marks as the Honda paint work gets damaged by sneezing to close to the car lol

Other than that it's serving it purpose quite well as a security gate (blocking my other cars on the drive) and not really worth getting rid of at the minute.

Rating? Prob 6/10 it's still better than a Vectra and I do enjoy the noise it makes

Model/Spec: 7th Gen Accord GT Sport 2.2 diesel
Year: 2008
Mileage: 155,000
How long owned: 4.5 Years (bought age 3 @ 49k (but i reckon it was clocked! just a hunch as had no MOT due to being less than 3 years old)
Problems you've had: Exhaust Manifold (Honda Recall - Although i chased it up Myself!),
Front Passenger Airbag (Honda Recall)
Clutch/Flywheel @ 147k (£1315 @ Honda)
Recondition Turbo (£440 3rd party Garage)
both front driveshafts, (After market £165 each)

Steering Rack @ 120k (Recon £150)
both lower Wishbones and left upper Wishbone (failed on balljoint)
Alternator @ 102k (Recon £175)
rear right caliper replaced seized up
front shocks
front left bearing, both rear bearings
Car has always drifted to the left, i have tried everything, numerous tyres, wheel alignments, went to wheels in Motion and they didnt even know why! Cant see any damage to think previous accident!?!? I put bigger tyres on which helped (225 50 17)
Overall marks (/10): 8/10 - -2 Because of all the crap i have changed, still a great car to drive lots of power behind that 2.2 and great on the motorway! Would i buy another??? As long as it didnt drift to the left and less expenditure!!!

Model/Spec: 6th Gen 2.0 Executive
Year: 1999
Mileage: 106,000

How long owned: 8 months

Problems you've had: A few, mainly wear and tear:
- New ignition parts (coil, leads, rotor arm, sparks, dizzy cap) due to low power and poor fuel economy
- New front springs, due to snapped drivers side spring (quite an arse to change)
- New lambda sensors

Overall marks (/10): 8/10 - Ment as a cheap replacement from my previous vehicle with a failed engine (no idea why since it was over the top looked after). My father had one of these Accords since new for around 14 years so bought this knowing they are reliable. Great car for it's age, design wise it keeps up with modern stuff, despite it's square headlights and massive aerial. Great mile muncher and seriously comfy. Bose cd player, heated seats, ice cold aircon, cruise control, leather seats - everything I want in a car. It has a trip to complete next month to Devon and another in november to Paris, so a good test for it. Would love a 7th Gen after this.

Model/Spec: Honda Accord I-Ctdi 2.2 Navi
Mileage: 216000Km

How long owned: Sinse new
Problems you've had:

Chain brake, start wisth noise, brake hamers, valves ok
EGR Valve start problems (register here to find help in removal)
Navi painel off, cd's off ( buy a koolertron, works greate :)

Overall marks (/10): 10/10 Love my Honda

Model/Spec: Honda Accord 1.8 vtec CG8
Year: 2001
Mileage: 267 k (430k kilometres)

How long owned: 24 months, or there about
Problems you've had: Seized handbrake cable, burst rear brake line

Overall marks (/10): 8.5
No cruise, no armrest

Model/Spec: 7th Gen Accord tourer 2.2 I-ctdi five speed manual
Year: 2005
Mileage: 154000 Miles

Bought with full service history but with knowledge of the VSA/ABS lights on, and a few other warnings on the diagnostic. Engine and everything under the bonnet is really quiet though. Another few days to fix warnings before the MOT is due. Drained/changed radiator, oil and filter immediately after purchase and blew out paper air filter.

Required four new tyres when purchased (and a years tax of course) but I think I got a bargain at the asking price of £999, that was until the nearest city started talking about screwing diesel owners later this year with their ultra low emission scam.

Model/Spec: Accord EX GT / All the mod cons
Year:2008
Mileage:125,000

How long owned:4 months
Problems you've had: None as of yet (fingers tightly crossed!)

Overall marks (/10): 10

Model: gen 7 Accord type s
Mileage: 176000
Owned: 9 months

Problems: Bluetooth failure caused battery to die after a few days.

I'd honestly give it a 9/10 as it's not really given me any hip just could do with a bit more power sometimes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I-ctd exc tourer
7 years

New timing chain 150,000
tyers,bulbs,brake pads!!
M.O.T & service every year

10/10 can still cruse at 120mph WHEN NO ONES LOOKING B)
ticks over Quieter than my daughters new deisal nissan

7th gen Diesel Accord Ex saloon
248,000 miles

Owned since 2007, imported from UK
Problems? Oh yes, we've had a few! Exhaust manifold cracked (replaced by Honda). Clogged injectors. Fuel pump replacement solved a hesitation issue. Windscreen pump recently replaced (it's now a Renault one...Yeuch!). Rattle from the timing chain has me finally going back to market to replace. Up to last week I also had peculiar on/off rattling from alternator which led me to believe it was coming to a close quicker than I thought, but that noise has mysteriously disappeared.

That may sound like a lot but to be honest I've thoroughly enjoyed (almost!) every moment driving this car...and still do.

Model/Spec: Honda Accord 2.2 ictdi (4 door saloon)
Mileage: Just ticked over 165k miles.
How long owned: 4 years
Problems you've had:

The best car I have owned, offers superb value for money with all the toys. German equivalents can't match the Accord for price and specification.
Yes, it has its flaws with the ictdi engine and the cabin could be a little more refined but overall still miles ahead than other marques.

Within the 4 years I have had the car the following has occurred:

Failures or issues i knew about when I bought it.
-Common Alternator bearing failure - due to longer belt. (managed to get the cheap because of it)
-HFT was intermittent and didnt connect - tested it whilst viewing the car (managed to get the cheap because of it)
-Rear calipers were slightly binding (managed to get the cheap because of it)
-Previous owner replaced the manifold - Honda dealership supplied be with an invoice as proof it was done

Failures or Parts replaced during ownership
-New alternator and short belt (known issue from viewing and got it replaced 6 months after due to alternator clicking)
-Replaced rear calipers - peace of mind (but could have just continued using the slightly binding ones if i wanted too)
-Play in the ball joint of the Front passenger upper control arm (probably the only real genuine failure I have had to deal with - but usually caused my wear and tear still used the car though)
-Replaced the faulty HFT with a parrot system
-Both rear ABS sensors replaced (seems a common issue with these 7th gens but doesnt stop the car from being used)

The car still has:
-Original exhaust system
-Original clutch, DMF and transmission (although a noticeable slip now if booted)
-Original turbo
-Original wheel bearings
-Original VSA unit

I have given the car a 9 out of 10. Despite all the horror stories you hear about the ictdi 7th gen it has never let me down. Since purchase I have racked over 60k trouble free miles in my 4 years and it has never left me with a car that I could not use to go to work or go about my business. A true testament of Honda engineering.

The only real failures are: Ball joint play in the Passenger front upper control arm and both rear ABS sensors.

The gearbox is slick with a great biting point and a lovely manual transmission. I still love driving the car and would be sorely missed if i have upgraded.

My aim would be to get the car to 250k miles on the original list of parts before i retire it.

Overall marks (/10): 9/10

2.2i-Ctdi exec
194,000 miles
owned 1 year

In the year that I've owned it I've replaced a cracked exhaust manifold, rear drop-link, alternator.
It just failed it's MOT with rear tyres bald on the inner edge (4 wheel alignment now done), and engine management light on. The only advisories were misted headlamps.
It's had the P2004 code since I owned the car but only just now got around to replacing the Frequency Solenoid Valve to cure it to get it through the MOT....and WOW what a difference!
No more hesitation on acceleration, no more smoking and a new sense of urgency in the power delivery that I never knew existed.
I feel this car has another 200,000 miles in it now (if only it wasn't for that erratic clutch behavior that's making it occasionally difficult to engage and disengage gears - that's next on the list of fixes).

Honda Accord 2.2 i-dtec gen. 8
117.000 miles
owned 4 years

Siezed right rear caliper
Left control arm in front suspension
Left hand brake cable

As speaking hughe problems with particle filter/intake manifold shutter valve (spent 1500 pounds so far with no result - it still goes to emergency programme and shows particle filter clugged-warning :(

But still a great car with good power and milage and I hope I got all the problems solved before I start hating it and puts it for sale!

Update:

Model/Spec: Honda Accord 2.2 ictdi (4 door saloon)
Mileage: Just ticked over 210k miles.
How long owned: 6 years

Problems you've had:
So far since 2017 (previous update)

-Power steering cooler pipe perished (replaced with genuine)
-High Pressure power steering top hose (replaced with genuine)

Above failures have been wear and tear and the car has not failed to start or left stranded at a side of the road.
Definitely a dependable machine.

Still has original everything, including clutch and DMF - although getting realy tired now.

My target goal is 250k miles with no further major failures - Fingers crossed she gets there :)

Model/Spec: Honda Accord EX 2.2 ictdi (4 door saloon) manual
Mileage: Just over 238k miles.
How long owned: Since 09/2009

Problems I've had:
Slipping clutch at 104k miles, I bought it like that. Replaced at Honda through their discounted offer at the time.
Just over a year later and 20k more miles, the clutch failed again, this time due to a dis-balanced DMF (I suspect they did not check when they replaced the clutch first time). So this time new clutch + new DMF, ouch...
Replaced the exhaust manifold due to a crack somewhere at 150k
A few wear and tear problems, hoses being replaced, alternator at 190k, master and slave clutch cylinder at 220k
I had to re-spray the bonnet as the original paint started to lose the laqueur layer, now the front wings start to do the same
Had to replace the drivers wing mirror, as my wife desided to test if it is stronger than a cement pole in a superstore's car park...

I am selling this now as I have got my new one:

Model/Spec: Honda Accord EX 2.4 ivtec (4 door saloon) manual
Year: 2009
Mileage: Bought it at 98k in March, now it is just ober 111k
How long owned: Since 03/2019

Problems I've had:
Managed to completely cook the clutch just a week afrer I got it, so had to get a new one
I have still to get rid of the electrical gremlins which cause a parasitic battery drain
Other than that, very happy with the car, I have done an LPG conversion and couldn't be happier.