What's new

Accord MK8 Handbrake

Piggy24

Reaction score
Car
Accord Type-S 2.2D
Hi everyone:) I’m now to the site and new to my accord (I’ve had a few Hondas in the past - 1996 1.8vti, 2006 ep3 type r, 2008 fn2 type r)

My accord is the first diesel Honda I’ve had, it’s a 2010 Type S 2.2 diesel (180 Bhp model)

when I bought it the handbrake was slack and only appears to hold the n/s wheel! My question is has anyone experienced a problem with the handbrake on a MK8?? The car has inboard brakes, I’ve ordered both rear cables but the motor factors seem clues less (they asked if my car had lane ***ist and if it had a 2 bolt flange holding the cable inside the disc)

has anyone else struggled getting parts for there mk8? I rang 4 places today and nobody stocked the cables!!

Any advise is great fully welcomed :)

Thanks I’m advance Chris

Your issue won’t be the cables, most likely the shoes need replacing or at least adjusting. All Hondas with drum shoes have the same setup it’s easy to adjust, just a little fiddly through the little adjuster hole.

My accord is the first diesel Honda I’ve had, it’s a 2010 Type S 2.2 diesel (180 Bhp model)

when I bought it the handbrake was slack and only appears to hold the n/s wheel! My question is has anyone experienced a problem with the handbrake on a MK8?? The car has inboard brakes, I’ve ordered both rear cables but the motor factors seem clues less (they asked if my car had lane ***ist and if it had a 2 bolt flange holding the cable inside the disc)

I was working under a Mk8 Accord last month, are you sure you have inboard disc brakes ?

Last edited:
If it's a MK8 estate. It will have handbrake shoes in the disks and normal disks for the foot brake. The handbrake adjuster is in the centre console where the USB etc socket is, I found the easiest way was to just adjust the shoes via the hole in the drum.

If it’s an auto saloon it will also have the same setup and that’s how I adjusted mine too