What's new

Accord sport Grille don't fit?

Tanna

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord
Hi,

I bought a Diesel sport grille off a fellow member on here and gave the car to the bodyshop and he rang me today informing me that the grille doesn't fit the top things are different??

I am baffled as the diesel sport grille was supposed to fit my 2005 Diesel Accord?

What is the best thing I can do now? The diesel sport grille is very hard to find :(

Okay so it seems that the radiator cover is different and I need to buy one from the Diesel sport or Type-S as they both look the same.

No mate, if the grill definitely came off a sport diesel then it will definitely fit your diesel. The grill must be off a petrol car.

No mate, if the grill definitely came off a sport diesel then it will definitely fit your diesel. The grill must be off a petrol car.
I bought it off swervin mervin who said it didn't fit his Petrol Accord?

I'm baffled now don't know what to do...buy the radiator cover off a Type-S for £38 off the dealers and try that?

Are you 100% sure if it was a diesel sport grille it should have fitted straight on?

Yes of course, I did this mod myself. Something doesn't add up. Why not try fitting yourself and take some pics for us to see what the problem is, it's an easy part to fit anyway. Just buy some new 10mm plastic rivets from ebay.

Gets some pics up mate and lets go from there.

However my mate bought a brand new sports grill for his petrol Accord from HH and I fitted it. Fitted fine on the bumper but the front slam panel plastic did not fit. The grill was not the right shape at the top. However i'm not sure if its the same for an Accord diesel.

Gets some pics up and we'll go from there

Gets some pics up mate and lets go from there.

However my mate bought a brand new sports grill for his petrol Accord from HH and I fitted it. Fitted fine on the bumper but the front slam panel plastic did not fit. The grill was not the right shape at the top. However i'm not sure if its the same for an Accord diesel.

Gets some pics up and we'll go from there
I have the same situation it fits on the bumper perfectly but the front slam panel it did not fit!! What did you do to get it to fit?

What baffles me is that on the Ling honda parts catalogue the diesel and petrol sports grille part numbers are the same?? Does this mean I need to change my front slam panel?

Shab, that's weird, was that for Dips car? and you bought a petrol type S grill??

Yes for Dips car. Well we asked for the sports grill at the HH parts desk when we were at the meet and this is the one that he found.

Basically we couldn't fit the top panel. Not sure what to do on this now though. Need to do some more research to fine out. Basically it means that there is no support on the top of the grill now.

OK so easy way to resolve this Shab.. try fitting it to your car. If it fits, then you've bought the diesel sports grill.

They never made a petrol Sport variant, it was either a petrol Type S or Diesel Sport. So if you asked for a Sport grill, you've possibly bought the diesel part.

Faddy we defo asked for the type s grill for the petrol mate.
Surely it wouldn't fit at the bottom if was for a diesel?

Only one way to find out ;)

any chance you can describe the difference between the two covers, maybe some pics

Did u have to buy a petrol or diesel cover?

Well that's no help :lol:

Shab you need to try Dips grill on your car and then we'll have the answer. Problem is Tanna is using second hand parts and we have no guarantee over which model they came from. I'm not aware of two different types of petrol fitting grill top panel for the pre facelift Accord but happy to be proven wrong.

Shab you need to try Dips grill on your car and then we'll have the answer. Problem is Tanna is using second hand parts and we have no guarantee over which model they came from. I'm not aware of two different types of petrol fitting grill top panel for the pre facelift Accord but happy to be proven wrong.
The part numbers for the derv and petrol grille are the same on the Ling Honda catologue so aren't they both supposed to be the same?

The website must be wrong then mate as they are definitely two different grills.