What's new

ADAS fault on 57 2.4 exec

DavidWatkin

Members
Reaction score
Car
2.4 Tourer ADAS
After some guidance on a 42k mile 57 2.4i exec ADAS.

There is a problem with the ADAS where after approx 20 minutes driving the dash displays an ADAS fault and says "check system". The problem has been present about 1 week.

This fault appears to come on independent of whether the Main cruise control switch is turned on.

Before the fault occurs the adaptive cruise control and lane control systems are working fine (if they are engaged).

When the fault occurs it fails safe and turns off the ADAS and you have to steer and pedal as normal.

Honda agent obviously says that they need to check the error codes and that they cannot determine how expensive it would be without more information and possible fault finding by substitution.

The radar has one stone chip on it but this has been there over my whole ownership (1.5 years).

Has anybody come across this before?

Is there an alternative trick? Disconnect the battery, disconnect the ADAS fuse?

Thanks in anticipation.

I don't know about the ADAS system as I don't have it on mine, but could it anyway be related to the brakes? If so, it could be your brake pedal switch being dirty. It's what typically throws up intermittent VSA faults. It's an easy 10 minute job of disconnect, dismantle, clean and put back together. There's a how-to thread on here somewhere. For the sake of 10 minutes work, could be worth a try.

As Steve said i haven't got this system so you could try disconnecting the battery to see if the system resets itself.
I would say there would be a fault code to determine the cause of the fault so it would be advisable to get this checked.
At a guess i would say its the radar at fault but this is only a guess also try cleaning it to see if this sorts your problem.

Check all your tyre pressure, this happened to me last year when one of my rear tyre valve is letting air out.

the Check system LKAS warning light comes on when the car reaches 45mph +.
i've trried disconnecting battery, remove module, fuses etc but fault still comes on.
HH checked the error codes etc and put in new battery, but still couldn't fix it.

then one day i went to put air in my tyres and noticed one tyre is down to 17 psi.
so i filled it back up and guess what after few weeks the code came back on again, check the said tyre pressure back down to 17 psi again.
changed the valve stem on the tyre and it never give any probelm ever since.

Thanks and well done Alan S.

I checked the tyre pressures at the weekend (I normally cycle to work) and the front left was at 26 psi.

I blew them up to 33 / 39 (I was towing caravan) and the fault has not returned in the last 180 miles.

Problem solved. That's saved me a whole lot of money.