What's new

Add Bassbox to standard headunit?

pimpinator

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord 2.2 CTDI
Hi Guys,

Years ago I had a great little Vibe sub box with a built on amp that I had in a convertible (it was that small), it's been sat in my garage for years but now I've just got myself an accord (2004 CTDI Sport) and the bootsize is tempting me to fit in my old sub box for that bit of added bass. I was wondering if this can be fitted to the standard headunit and how to go about it as I can't see any headunit removal tools / holes to get to the back of the unit? When I had it last setup, I had a power line going through to the battery, an aux cable for the sound and a wire that went to the headunit which advised the box when it should be on or not (can't remember the connection name, think it was a blue wire tho haha). I was wondering if anyone out there has set up something similar, leaving the headunit as standard but adding a sub box into the boot and if so, how they went about it?

hello mate. To get a sub installed to standard unit you need an RCA converter. Your unit does not have RCA lead outputs but you can us the feed to the rear speakers to get the signal using the converter.