What's new

Advice needed!!!

teo

Reaction score
Car
honda accord type s
About a month ago I bought my Accord Type S 2009 (diesel 2.2 n22b2) and after about 2 weeks the DPF light came on wit an '!'.
I went to a garage and they said it's something with the software (the turbo is seen in a wrong position) so I went to Honda for a software update and a regeneration. they've done the software update and the turbo error disappeared but instead, an injector fault came on and that stopped the regeneration (safety issue as they said, spraying too much fuel). I replaced the injector and then the regeneration stopped cause the turbo error came back on and it doesn't do enough pressure to trigger the regeneration. Makes me think it might be still a software issue and I replaced the injector for nothing...I don't really want to change turbo until I know 100% it's gone and then to find out that was something else. anyone else experienced something similar?

A blocked turbo due to dpf soot is common, we see it all the time. Never seen an injector related issue before. Not related to software in my experience, and none of these so called software updates solve the dpf issues. Drop me a line if you need some help and options.

I've booked the car to a different garage for Wednesday for a proper turbo inspection. something stopped the regeneration as the DPF light came up straight with a '!' and I do at least 40miles/day @70+ mph.
I was thinking to power hose it but if the problem is the turbo for real, then the light will come back on isn't it? or the turbo can't provide enough pressure cause the DPF is clogged and pushes it back in it?

As always in these situations you need to run a diagnostic scan first and retrieve the error codes to start trying to establish the cause and remedy.