What's new

ADvice please guys

too late now, ive paid for it, £120 plus £30 postage, £150, best i got quote local was £380 from powerflow. might need slight mod to fit

Is this a wind up? You're wanting to fit a stainless system for a petrol on your diesel??

Good luck.

BTW my diesel is still on its original exhaust at 268k.

what do you mean? alot of people have fitted stainless to their accord diesels, i thought it would be ok cus ive seen a post from a member saying they have fitted a second hand stainless from a diesel to a petrol.

:-( i thought this would be fine, if anything it might need modding cat end,,, anyone else know?

Honestly I don't personally know all the ins and outs, but clearly there will be a lot of hacking under the bulkhead to marry up to the cat. But I don't know whether the pipe OD's differ and whether there could be other pressure balance issues.

I don't understand what you hope to gain... more power ? more noise ? an exhaust that won't corrode?

i just like the look, not expecting any power, looking at the two middle boxes, im not really expecting much sound, for the price, i thought it was a decent pirce. poss pay another £30 for fitting

Karl nice find and looks in good condition. May require a little work to fit but you have everything there. A good exhaust place can get this on no problem.
Do keep us updated

Honestly I don't personally know all the ins and outs, but clearly there will be a lot of hacking under the bulkhead to marry up to the cat. But I don't know whether the pipe OD's differ and whether there could be other pressure balance issues.

I don't understand what you hope to gain... more power ? more noise ? an exhaust that won't corrode?
Ian with diesels its more the look tbh. It should look really nice

Ian with diesels its more the look tbh. It should look really nice

Fair enough, each to their own I suppose. :blush:
Its a long time since I've ever had the disposable income to be bothered about such stuff..

If it helps in anyway I put a performance petrol exhaust system on my diesel Octavia Vrs. There was little sound change at all, little more soot :p

why do diesel owners put on 'performance' mods... diesels sound awful in the first place without magnifying the sound x 100 with some mods

What gave you the idea the sound was magnified 100x? I had a non resonated system fitted to an Octavia, which on a petrol would of been OTT. However on a diesel it barely made a difference (something I found from research, I wouldn't of had one if not.). From what I read you really need a straight through pipe, which would make some noise (all be it terrible). Performance is easy to gain on turbo diesels, with a good map you can gain MPG and power. Not sure what other "performance" mods are done on the diesels generally, but I think the remapping is great.

The 3.0l Audi diesels engines can sound reasonable with the right system on IMO :blush:

Stainless is classed as performance mod (at least by my insurers), and no, let's not have a diesel/petrol debate please lads ;)

why do diesel owners put on 'performance' mods... diesels sound awful in the first place without magnifying the sound x 100 with some mods

You clearly haven't heard my 5 cylinder 2.7 CDI Merc on full chat. Its been mistaken for a V6 on more than one occasion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypJDbIvhatk