What's new

After changing the VSA -what next?

BoostaMT

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord
Hi All

I recieved the Unit and we have replaced it. The unit is of 2007, 57110-SEF-E61. (mine is a 2005).

Previously I had the following errors:

66-01 Brake Pressure Sensor Malfunction
84-01 Sensor Logic Malfunction

After the unit has been changed i got this error only:

66-01 Brake Pressure Sensor Malfunction

I have tried removing the error with the computer but we could not manage. The 66-01 error kept popping up even with the new Unit.

Do I have to do anything? Do I have to take the car to Honda and they reformat my ECU? The VSA warning light is still on, so far it seems that Im still in the same scenario, just a couple of hundreds less in my account.

Maybe this is another error I need to sort out?

Matt

Matt, have you fitted a used or refurb unit? If it's a refurb, the pressure sensors are probably malfunctioning.. I've heard of badly refurbed VSA modulators before, especially from BBA Remain if that's who you used.

looks like you have a duff used vsa modulator. what people do not seam to understand is that unless the unit is brand new, you can not garentie the 66-01 fault is not preasent. you allso need a HDS computer to carry out a neutral learn, calibrating the new vsa modual to the car. this is the sensor logic dtc. you need a new vsa modulator

Hi dude.

It is a second hand unit, bought from a yard in UK. I got it shipped to Malta and have replaced it. My Accord is a 2005 and the orginal part is 57110-SEF-E56 but i got a 2007 one 57110-SEF-E61 to ensure that the problem is not present.

So you think that the "new VSA" is bust? We tried removing the 66-01 error but we did not manage. Calling Honda Malta today for my last chance before sending it back and hopefully get refunded.

Matt

Matt, have you fitted a used or refurb unit? If it's a refurb, the pressure sensors are probably malfunctioning.. I've heard of badly refurbed VSA modulators before, especially from BBA Remain if that's who you used.

Hi dude.

It is a second hand unit, bought from a yard in UK. I got it shipped to Malta and have replaced it. My Accord is a 2005 and the orginal part is 57110-SEF-E56 but i got a 2007 one 57110-SEF-E61 to ensure that the problem is not present.

So you think that the "new VSA" is bust? We tried removing the 66-01 error but we did not manage. Calling Honda Malta today for my last chance before sending it back and hopefully get refunded.

We couldnt recalibrate it as it wanted the 66-01 error to be gone prior to calibration - damn it!! :-(((

Matt

looks like you have a duff used vsa modulator. what people do not seam to understand is that unless the unit is brand new, you can not garentie the 66-01 fault is not preasent. you allso need a HDS computer to carry out a neutral learn, calibrating the new vsa modual to the car. this is the sensor logic dtc. you need a new vsa modulator